Essie Gel Setter Reviews

Ranked #32 out of 1413 in Nail Polish

October 10, 2016

I'm a self-declared manicure addict! I never thought I would use a different top-coat other than my trusted Sèche-Vite. But I was shopping at Winners when I found an Essie colour I just had to have (Mint Candy Apple). It happened to be bundled with the Essie Gel Setter Top Coat. What a find! Now if you're looking for a top coat to get you out the door quickly, this isn't it. I give mine about 10 minutes to dry before I try to do anything. But it's worth the wait. It adds SO MUCH SHINE. And it makes my manicures last. With Sèche-Vite, I'd only get about 3-4 days of wear, but with the Gel Setter, I can extend that at least 2 or 3 more days. And I'm hard on my hands (daily workouts, house cleaning, etc). Essie Gel Setter also gives the nail a bit of thickness - like a Shellac manicure does. I gave the price 4 out of 5 stars since mine was bundled, so I got a great deal, but I'm unsure of how much it retails for, so I didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression.

October 05, 2016

I used the new top coat at with Essie polish to give it an honest go- after all, products are designed to work together. The finish of this top coat was great. High shine, gave the polish a flawless look.
After three days the polish started chipping.I was away during this time so it was not because of dishes and housework. Just normal wear and tear.
As far as a top coat it is fine but for the gel setter claim, there are other brands.

September 22, 2016

I love this product! It works really well as a top coat to keep my nail polish lasting for about a week. It works especially well when used with Essie polishes. It has milder chemicals when compared to other great top coat brands and for the price it's worth it. I also love that it dries shy and relatively quick. I would highly recommend this and would definitely repurchase.

September 08, 2016

I had such high hopes for this product, but it disappointed big time. I've used it 4 or 5 times now, and each time it has left air bubbles in the finish of the top coat, ruining the manicure. I never shake the bottle, I have tried varying thicknesses or amount of product used, and still get the same result. Very disappointed for Essie! I love their colour nail polishes.

July 10, 2016

I love love love this!! Easy at home or on the go, don't have to worry about going to a salon for just one easy peasy evening out. I did my toe nails before going on a trip to the Dominican and it lasted the whole week without a chip!

July 04, 2016

Makes my pedicures go from lasting 5 days to at least 12 which is no easy feat in the summer. I find that a little goes a long way and I love how it just makes whatever color I'm using shine though and though. Love Essie!

June 28, 2016

When I first bought this, it worked great. It still does work relatively good, however, I find that the product has lost the same texture it had when I first purchased it. It is not very old, maybe a few months old, and the product has thickened over time. It is getting very difficult to use. It is too thick to spread on the nails, and from time to time, it will dry with tiny little bubbles on the nail. If it wasn't for the bubbling, and texture change, it actually does look and feel like a gel nail without exposing your skin to the UV lights and glue that fake nails bring. It shines great, helps keep the polish on longer, and looks great!

May 10, 2016

If you want a salon quality (and maybe better) mani this is the product you NEED. My manicures last all week with no chips, no problems! I combine it with drying drops and it looks likes my nails just left a salon! Fast drying and long lasting!

March 30, 2016

Couche de finition qui imite les vernis de salon! Sèche vite et scelle comme du gel demeure longtemps. Le prix est un peu cher mais en vaut la peine car reste une semaine au moins. Ce vernis finition rentabilise votr vernis carrément.

March 21, 2016

Nothing better than Essie gel setter. I swear by it and get compliments all the time like "is that shellac" or "who did your nails" the answer is no, it's gel polish and I did it at home.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products