Essie Matte About You Matte Finisher Reviews

Ranked #1182 out of 1411 in Nail Polish

Essie Matte About You Matte Finisher creates a matte finish with any nail color you choose. From light sheer colors to dark cre¨me, Matte About You leaves a smooth, durable matte finish and adds new dimension and texture. .5 oz.

October 20, 2016

I bought the matte top coat (as well as some other essie polishes) from a L'Oreal warehouse sale. The application for this top coat (and the other polishes) is streaky and disappointing. Also, the brush itself isn't very good. I like brushes that are a little flattened out in order to cover the nail better but the essie polishes just have regular, round, thin brushes. Good thing I got them on sale, otherwise it would have been a true waste of money.

June 03, 2016

I love matte finished nail polish! Essie is a great brand, super long lasting. No chipping. Great application, the brush is the perfect size. It's also fast drying which is really nice.

June 03, 2016

This is the coolest top coat. You can make any colour into a matte colour! It dries super quick and I find it lasts a pretty long time. I love the way this looks with pretty much any colour.

January 21, 2016

This is the only matte top coat I've tried so I can't compare it to any other brand but I do really like it. It does what it's supposed to and gives my nails a matte finish and doesn't take forever to dry

January 16, 2016

J'adore ce top qui donne un super efffet mat à mes vernis. :)

January 28, 2015

This is an awesome top coat that takes shiny nails to a matte finish. I find it extends the life of the nail polish by an extra day before chipping starts.

October 02, 2014

Pricey but nice. This top coat makes for gorgeous matte nails without having to purchase new polishes - just brush it over the top of your favourites.

May 16, 2014

I have been reading and researching about the Chanel Matte top coat that everyone had been using, and to be honest it looked super cool! Since I absolutely love wearing dark coloured nail polish I thought it would be cool to try the matte top coat that Essie made because I am NOT going to spend a ton on Chanel polish (but I will buy the mascara). I paid roughly $12.00 for the Essie matte top coat, and although I may not wear it all the time it is still worth it! The matte finish gave me the extra bit of edge, which I love! The matte finish reminded me of my lovely X-Box controller because they both have the same matte finish! Love love love it.

September 24, 2013

Great product. Best matte top coat nail polish I've tried(this includes china glaze).

February 25, 2013

This is the best! It turns any nail polish you own into a matte color when you apply it as a top coat. I particularly like applying it over glittery nail polish because it looks really interesting. It is definitely worth it, I can't find anything about it to fault.