Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation Reviews

Ranked #353 out of 597 in Foundation

November 14, 2016

Estée Lauder double wear light foundation is a good alternative for the summer months! I usually use the regular double wear but found it too heavy for those hot summer months. I prefer double wear because of scarring and redness on my face. The double wear light doesn't cover them as much as the regular but it's still a beautiful foundation.

September 12, 2016

I love this product. Great coverage especially for acne scars. I have combination skin. This foundation doesn't leave my skin dry or oily. Stays on all day. Worth every penny!

August 24, 2016

I bought this product after using the non light version and finding that it was too drying for my skin. I loved that it was buildable and didn't create a mask look. My favorite part is that its waterproof! I can sweat and cry with no worries. There doesn't seem to be a ton of colours to choose from, but because the makeup is so blendable I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem for most people.

August 14, 2016

So at the beginning, I loved this foundation, it has great coverage at first, but as the day goes on, the trouble areas on my face that produce a lot of oil made the foundation clump and become very very blotted. This was extremely noticeable on my skin, I don't recommend it for people with oily skin.

July 11, 2016

This is my must-have product in my makeup bag. It sits well on the skin and leave a smooth finish and isn't oily on my skin. It has medium coverage and I can use it all year round.

April 26, 2016

I've been on the hunt for a new foundation because I'm tired of trying different ones all the time and never finding one that I absolutely love. Well, until now. I tried this foundation because I've wanted to try the DoubleWear but I don't need a full coverage foundation so I decided to try DoubleWear Light. This makes my skin look absolutely flawless, I love it so much. This is now my absolute favourite foundation. It looks beautiful when I apply Josie Maran Argan Oil underneath as well, gives a beautiful glow.

February 09, 2016

Love this foundation! Definitely full coverage but doesn't feel too heavy! It does once you first apply it but once it dries it lightens up and you hardly feel it. This is great coverage, doesn't break me out at all and is buildable if you need it to be. Worth every penny for sure! Use with a primer underneath to smooth out the skin surface before applying and you will LOVE the flawless look it gives :)

May 27, 2015

Estée Lauder's Double Wear Foundation is my absolute favourite foundation. I love the matte finish, and that it is super long wearing. However, I have a fairly clear complexion, and don't need the full coverage that it offers on a daily basis. When I was searching Sephora for a lighter foundation to pick up during the Sephora VIB Sale I stumbled upon Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup. Before purchasing it, I went to my local Estée Lauder counter to get colour matched, and picked up a sample of it - I wear the shade Intensity 1.0 - light creamy beige, and have loved it since the day I tried it.

I have been wearing this foundation everyday for the past three weeks, and I am borderline obsessed with it. It is described as a 15-hour wear, lightweight foundation that leaves skin looking naturally vibrant, and I have to agree. The consistency is quite similar to the regular Double Wear formula and the coverage is medium to full, but it is definitely lightweight! It is by no means like a BB Cream - people can definitely tell that I have make-up on, but it delivers a flawless semi-matte (natural) finish that stays all day. As you can see in the photos below (I only have foundation on - no concealer) it provides great coverage, but leaves me with a lighter feeling on the skin. It is photo-friendly, dermatologist-tested, non-acnegenic, and won't clog pores. It is supposedly fragrance-free but I feel like it smells grandmother-ish during application, but the scent quickly disappears and doesn't bother me.

This foundation feels super comfortable to wear, and sits great, even with my oily skin - I think it works better with super moisturised or even oily skin as I noticed that it clings to dry patches if you have any. I do have to say that I much prefer this packaging to the original formulas as the squeeze tube makes it super easy to control how much product you want. As per usual, Estée Lauder did not fail to impress me, and I highly recommend the Double Wear Light formula if you want the same look as the Original formula, but don't want to feel like you have a tonne of foundation on your skin.

November 12, 2014

I was pleasently suprised by the amount of coverage that this product provides! Even though it is a lighter formula than its predecessor "double wear" it effectively covered and concealed my imperfections. The product is easy to apply and the colour match was phenomenal. The product really does stay on and there was no need for touch ups throughout the day! Loved it and will buy again!

October 22, 2014

I love this foundation. Long wearing but not too heavy.