Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin

Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin Reviews

Ranked #683 out of 960 in Books

December 08, 2015

Great makeup manual for lovers and artists alike. Highly recommend

February 16, 2012

I'm kindof a nerd so if I have an interest in a subject I like to read and research on it, even makeup! As just your average makeup user some people might find it a bit extreme to source out books that most pro MUAs enjoy. To my surprise I found the two Aucoin books I read (Face Forward and Making Faces) were very accessible to beginners as well. All the techniques were explained in a language that is easy to understand. The transformations of some models and celebrities were amazing to look at, to see what makeup can accomplish. I wouldn't use this book as a direct tutorial but rather learning your face shape and features and how to use makeup to enhance them.

November 29, 2011

These techniques may be hard to master but this guy is a genius!

November 07, 2011

If you're a nut like me for the talent of make-up artistry or using cosmetics to enhance your features to look and feel your best. Then I highly recommend picking up Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin. He was an amazing artist who worked deeply in the industry with tons of famous celebrities after being discovered by Vogue magazine. He truly treated the human face as a complete canvas without covering up who the people were. This book is one of my favourites of his as it is a complete Beauty guide how to help you create looks and pull out your best assets. It's an absolute must for any beauty freak ;)