FURminator deShedding Tool Reviews

Ranked #1 out of 19 in Cat Accessories

July 04, 2016

I have 2 dogs...a chocolate lab and a husky. Both shed a LOT. When we moved into a smaller place, the fur all over became a real problem, especially from the husky.. I think in Latin husky means shed-a-lot. Also, as the dogs don't have freedom to come in and go, they are spending less time shedding outside. So I decided to do some research and came across the Furminator. First thing I will say is that it is Expensive...about $65. I bought it at Petsmart, who assured me I could return it if I was not happy. But happy I was. I simply could not believe the amount of fur it removes, even out of my lab, who was not currently in shedding mode. We started brushing the husky...he was a little sketchy about it at first, but calmed down. The brush holds onto (most of the) hair until you release it. We brushed, and brushed, and brushed, and it kept coming. It removes the undercoat of the dog, unlike most combs or brushes, which only get onto the top. We literally had a pile of fur sitting beside the dogs...one brown and one white :). Just a warning...do not do this in the house...fur flies everywhere, definitely an outside grooming tool. Unfortunately, our husky got to it and chewed the handle...he loves rubber, so we now have a $65 grooming tool with a duct tape, but it's every bit as effective. I would highly recommend it!

June 28, 2016

This Furminator is AMAZING. I remember when I first used this on my cat, I couldn't believe how much of her fur was coming out. At one point, I thought I would comb her bald. I have noticed a big difference in my home, less dust fur bunnies and my cat is shedding less. A must for every cat and dog owner.

March 22, 2016

I have 2 cats and often cat hair is everywhere. A friend told me about the Furminator and I had to try it. The first time I used this brush I was amazed at how much fur came off the cats. It has really helped with the amount of cat hair all over the apartment. Not only does it work on the cats I recently even used it, lightly, on our cloth couch, pillows and bed to pick up cat hair.

March 10, 2016

Amazing! Is the only word to describe it! I have 2, and i have saved so much money on lint rollers since! Between my dog who has pokey hair that sticks in everything, so my foster dogs who have different types of hair, the furminator has been a life saver!

February 15, 2016

These are amazing! We have one for our German shepherded and one for our 2 long-haired cats. At first I was out out at the price but these have changed my life! I was vacuuming almost everyday and now I only have to once a week!

February 13, 2016

If you have been living with a lint roller by the front door, in the car, in your purse and your desk at work like I was then the Furminator is what you are missing in your life my friend! Being the owner of a border collie there is constantly hair, change of season is worse. I bought this in hopes it would help keep shedding at bay and yes it did! It's comfortable to use for owner and pet, once it is full with hair you simply press downwards on a button and the hair is pushed off the brush. No other brush can do what this one does.

February 10, 2016

Furminators are definitely on the pricier side for a cat brush, we have had one for years and it still works great while other cheaper brushes have dulled or gone unused.
It does remove a lot of excess fur, so be careful not to overgroom your cat. We had one cat who loved it and would brush himself against it and left bald-ish spots in areas,

February 07, 2016

My cat used to shed terribly until I started using this brush! Not only does he enjoy a good bushing now.. It's very affective!

January 31, 2016

Great product, it removes a lot of my Saint Bernards under coat, but it takes a long time to do so.

January 30, 2016

Great brush and not too bad of a price. Not as smooth as I'd hoped with rushing through mats so my dog often flinches and fights it.