Garnier Fructis Color Shield Instant Color Sealer Reviews

Ranked #418 out of 2161 in Hair Care

*Please note: This item has been discontinued

Proven to stop dry-out. Fight fade-out. The lightweight formula, infused with acai berry and grape seed oil, instantly seals in color for longer-lasting vibrancy while improving manageability and delivering lasting softness. Uva and uvb protectant help protect hair. Garnier fructis color shield instant color sealer lightweight leave-in instantly seals in color and conditions for extra softness.

June 12, 2014

When you use the product it drys out your hair and has not helped me at all with keeping my colour, I do not recommend it to anyone.

August 20, 2013

I am not sure what this product was actually supposed to do for me, but I will tell you what it did do... it made my hair greasy, kind of sticky and flat. I am not sure about any sort of colour locking technology but I have very fine hair and after the first few uses this product was quickly discontinued from my routine

May 01, 2013

i have crazy wild spanish big hair and this is the only product i have found that has tamed my mane ......and going thru withdrawal cannot find any in central florida

March 20, 2013

I love this stuff! I use it everyday. I'm not to sure if it really locks in the color but it is a great leave-in conditioner. I have wavy hair and this stuff is great to control the waves

July 28, 2012

I can tell that is locks in my color, but I hare the way it leaves my hair! It leaves is hard and dry.

May 02, 2012

I got this from Garnier for free to try and i really do like it. I did find that it help keep my colour in a little longer then other products that i have tried. I have recommend this to a few people and they also really notice a difference in keeping the colour longer in their hair, and i would buy this as i liked the results that it had on my hair.

1.5/5

April 18, 2012

I always check the sale bin at my local Shopper's Drug Mart, what deals they have, (but that's another review) in the bin for $2.00 was a bottle of the Color Shield Sealer, as I had never tried a product like this before I thought, "why not".
Unfortunately I did not like the product at all. My hair is dry and frizzy to begin with, finding products to work with is very hard. The Garnier Color Shield left my hair dryer then normal and very hard to tame. I also found the color bled on my hands when I used it. I tried without the next day just to be sure. It has a very greasy feel, which would leave you to believe the opposite of what it actually does.
I am sure for some this product works well and they like or love it. For me however to be honest I did not like anything about it.
I will keep my eye out for other Garnier products on sale and give them a try, this one is just not for me.

October 08, 2010

I was chosen to review the new line of colour shield products by Garnier. Unfortunately my package got lost in the mail so the Garnier team as well as the people here at Chickadvisor re-sent my package (thanks guys!)

I first want to mention that I have permed hair and after dying it, I find that the colour usually fades super fast...After using the Colour sealer I noticed my hair colour isn't fading at all. My hair also feels very soft and I don't have to put any other products in my hair like I used to in order to keep my hair soft due to the perm. The product smells clean, not my favourite smelling hair product but not a bad small at all. The texture is sooo nice! I love that it doesn't leave a residue or a filmy feeling when the hair is dried. The only thing I learned from accidentally using too much is that if you do, it almost starts to create a lather when the hair is damp. So when they tell you to only use a quarter sized amount they mean it!
The packaging is okay. It's eye catching and functional, but I am a fan of lids that I am 100% certain won't leak when I travel and this one doesn't have my complete trust.

Overall rating:

Smell ~ 3.5 out of 5
Texture ~ 4.5 out of 5
Packaging ~ 2.5 out of 5
Effectiveness ~ 4 out of 5

Total 14/20 :)

I have already recommended this product to friends who colour their hair and who can't afford salon/expensive brands! Garnier is a great brand and I am never disappointed when it comes to their hair care and skin care.

October 04, 2010

i really like the garnier fructis colour shield instant colour sealer! it's got a nice light texture and kind of feels like a serum. besides prolonging the life of my colour, the shield keeps the frizzies down and gives my curls a little extra definition. i'm usually not one for 'extra' products or added steps in my hair routine (the less fuss the better!) but the colour shield, if it continues to prove its effectiveness, will be a nice addition to my colour care arsenal! i'm a fan.

0.5/5

October 01, 2010

I've been using this product now for a couple of weeks and can't say I'm overly impressed, unfortunately.

The issues I have with it are the following.

Firstly, I've been using Ojon products on my hair for about 6 months. My hair has been the best it has ever been in my life. Full of incredible body, shiny, soft and stays clean much longer between washes. But, as soon as I started using this product, my hair immediately went back to being thin and lifeless. I also had to go back to washing my hair daily, meaning of coutse my color would fade much faster. Obviously defeating the purpose of the product. Strike one.

The second issue I have with it is the fact that my rich brown color that I got from the Garnier hair color didn't last any longer than normal. It just as quickly faded to a very reddish brown, as it always does.

The claims made as to keeping the hair soft also didn't hold water with me. My hair was far softer before I starter using the Color Shield. It also was not shiny by any stretch of the imagination and I found my hair to be LESS manageable than when using my Ojon products.

I've also got concerns with the ingredients. On the front of the label it's stated there us acai Berry extract and grape seed oil in it. But when I read the actual list of ingredients, propylene glycol is the 3rd one on the list. Dimethicone is 4th on the list. Making it yet another silicone based product that we women don't need. Was super unhappy to see that. The acai and grape seed oil are way too far down the list to be effective in any way. It seems acai is the latest hype ingredient the cosmetic and hair care companies are using. Then they just add a token amount so they can legally list it on the label. Not impressive.

The last issue I have with the product itself is the super artificial fragrance. I very much dislike the smell. When I use the product, I feel like I'm walking around reeking of cheap hair care products. The fragrance is so utterly unnecessary and off putting. Why claim to have natural ingredients and then make it smell so God awful? I was shocked at the smell the first time I used it, and my husband kept asking me to go back to using 'the nice smelling stuff' (Ojon product line).

The final issue I have with it is the horrific packaging. Dear mother of God, screaming fuschia pink plastic with a bright green label and top? What was the company thinking? I saw it in my local store on the shelf and immediately thought 'dammmmm that looks like the CHEAPEST product I've ever seen!'

Between the lack of results, the same old chemical, yucky-hair-coating ingredients, the cheap smell and very cheap looking presentation, I unfortunately cannot and would not recommend this product to anyone, not at any price. I'm very happily back to using my Ojon products and won't be using this product again for any reason.

Sorry, Garnier :-( I appreciated being chosen for the review, but I simply cannot lie when it comes to the quality of a product. Women spend far too much of their hard earned money on products of questionable quality as it is.

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml