Garnier Olia Reviews

ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

deidrexo
Nov 25, 2014

I wasn't a huge fan of this after I tried it.

The bottle is super awkward to hold when you are applying it. I also didn't like that you had to add every thing to one bottle, because it was hard to get every drop out.

The application came out uneven and didn't dye my whole head, even though I applied two packages, my hair was still splotchy.

I'd rather purchase another brand, which is also significantly cheaper.

sandyspov
Nov 17, 2014

I had the opportunity to do a product test and review on Garnier’s newest hair color product, Olia. I jumped at the opportunity because I had already used Olia once after seeing it at Target about 6 weeks ago. I wasn’t impressed with the product then, but my opinion has since improved with this recent application.

I had my hair cut pretty short last week, so I applied Intense Red (6.60) mostly my own hair color. Any red hints are what was left of the first application of Garnier Olia.

I got into the shower and washed the product from my hair. I have been coloring my own hair for about 15 years. I am not a newbie. The first time I used this product, for about 4 days, I still had color bleeding in the shower. This time, I did not. I washed my hair as instructed and took a second shower later in the day. I only had a little bit of color bleed, which is easy to tell in your shampoo foam. This morning, my third shower, there was hardly any.

My only complaint about Garnier Olia was that the color stained the skin. My regular color is a Garnier product and this never happens with that product. It was so noticeable, my husband and son actually said something about it.

The results were FABULOUS!

This most recent use of Garnier Olia has changed my mind about it. I wasn’t crazy about the product with the first usage, but this time was an improved experience. I have gotten many compliments on the color; many more than with my usual color.

Garnier Olia comes in 21 vibrant colors in shades of black, red, brown, and blonde. It’s priced around $8.99.

Five days after I colored my hair, I still had bleed-through color on my towels. I'm not a fan of that.

MichelleM99
Sep 11, 2014

I was excited to try this product, it was new and exciting from my usual routine. The bottle looks great, and the product distributed evenly. However, it was a bit messier than the heavy cream mixes and took some getting used to. The color was great though, and the smell was nice as well. I'll probably buy this again.

swimxsurf
Aug 27, 2014

I tired the new Olia Dark burgundy. I love the colour! It gave my hair a purple tint in the sunlight. The colour itself was beautiful, goes on easy and makes your hair so soft! I love the concept here for healthier hair colour.

But I found since i coloured my hair two weeks ago the colour is still bleeding on my towels and i can see it in the water of my shower. Some of my old blonde pieces are peeking through the colour which sucks!
I use a lot of colour treated shampoos conditioners and sprays that this shouldn't happen.

Overall I love the colour and maybe if i go back to brown i will use this brand again but not for red hair that's for sure.

bonzi67
Jun 15, 2014

I have been dying my hair myself for years. I tried this one when it came out and hooked. I go the lightest blonde and it covers all my grey. Everyone always comments on my colour. I recommend this product. I grabbed a few while on sale and always have one on hand to touch up my hair!

bellaspuppies6
May 28, 2014

I saw the adds and was excited to try it . I get my hair coloured at the salon but I do my roots between appointments to reduce my costs. Last summer my stylist took a bit of time off and I needed to colour my hair myself. I purchased this product and was very disappointed. It promises grey coverage but that is not the case. My tough grey were still there !. The package I purchased was missing the applicator bottle and I called the 1800 number and they sent me a coupon for a free box,so I gave it another try. This time I split it in 2 to just try it on my roots. Again the coverage was not there. My grey hair was still there ! I even left it on for an extra 10 minutes to see if that would improve the results. I was greatly disappointed. The price of the colour is also more than the other brands as it is the new kid on the block. If you are looking for grey coverage I would leave this one on the shelf.

May 20, 2014

when I saw the pub on Olia, I was pretty excited to try it. The colors looked wonderful and without ammoniac, I was hooked. But then I bought it, and I was so disapointed!! The color I chose was almost identical to the one I always buy in another brand, I'm used to color my hair in my home so I'm not a debutant, but Olia didn't stick at all!! I had spots without any color and it looked awful. I had to go buy the brand I'm used to only to repair de damage. Don't ever buy it!

magimuggins
Apr 23, 2014

When this product first came out, I thought to sway from my Loreal and try Olia. Tried it, it did not cover any gray or make any difference in my hair. I have been coloring my hair 30 years and not once has this happened. Back to Loreal I went. Then I gave it another try 3 weeks ago, thinking perhaps I got a bad box. Well, suffice to say, still got nothing worth raving about. I'll stick to Loreal!

shelby_wilson97
Feb 27, 2014

Not to happy with this product. My hair was a dark to medium blonde before,I bought the lightest blonde they had. I expected to go a shade lighter. My hair didn't change much at all I left it on for about an hour. It actually looks a little darker, has a grey tent to it. Don't waste your money go with another kind. I should have listened to the comments.

nscott84
Feb 05, 2014

I love the way my hair turns out when I use Olia! It doesn't dry my hair out as much as other brands out there, probably because it is oil based. The results also look really vibrant, as I typically go for the burgandy color. I definitely recommend this product.

tanyarphillips has started a new forum topic
E.L.F. fans

Anonymous has posted in the forum topic
My Boyfriend’s Sister Ruined Our Relationship - Why?

Violetgemstone7 earned the Beauty Expert badge