Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer Reviews

Ranked #912 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

Even oily skin that’s prone to problems needs to be kept hydrated. Garnier developed a unique formula using carefully selected natural

March 10, 2016

I brought this when this was on sale. When it said long lasting shine control that sold to me. When I used this and let it soak into my skin for 5 mins, I noticed it kept my face matte. When I do my makeup I noticed my primer and foundation stay matte. I was sad when this got discountine.

February 28, 2016

For some reason, it makes my skin so red and itchy. I don't normally have any problems with any moisturizer but this one..... I stopped using it and my skin back to normal.

February 28, 2016

I have combination and blemish prone skin, and definitely get oily/shiny throughout the day. I have been using this lotion for at least 4 years now and even after trying a couple more expensive 'shine control' moisturizers, this one takes the cake. It smells great but still light, it's not greasy, it doesn't clog my pores or cause me to break out. It really does control shine all day for me, as well as provide moisture. This face lotion is an absolute staple in my bathroom and makeup bag.

November 17, 2014

I used to love this moisturizer. Like a lot. But lately I've found that it's just not controlling the shine as well as it used to, and I'm on the hunt for something new.

September 24, 2013

I've been having great results with Garnier's Pure Shine Control Moisturizer. It has zinc and clay to help control shine, both of which are supposed to be great for that. Plus, it's supposed to work well under makeup, which is important to me since I've been wearing a lot more on my face lately.
I've been using Garnier's Deep Scrub Gel with this lotion, and immediately after cleansing and applying this my skin looks matte and feels clean. This does a great job of moisturizing in the areas where I get shiny (forehead, nose and chin). Even after a whole day, my skin doesn't look half as shiny as it usually would with other products. It also seems to help with breakouts, and doesn't clog pores at all.
My only complaint with this product is that it does make my skin feel a bit tight in areas that are less oily, like my cheeks. It's not a huge deal though, and I kind of expected that so I just use a bit of regular moisturizer on those areas if necessary.
This product seriously works so well, if you're looking for something to help with shine control and don't want to clog your pores.

November 26, 2012

I purchased this because of my combination skin and my oily T zone. I thought that it would aid in combatting the oil and keep my face moisturized. While it did do an impressive job of keeping my face matte for a long time it dried up the rest of my face, mainly my chins, cheeks and under my nose. If I use this, I use it in conjunction with an additional moisturizer as it leaves my skin too dry. Other than that I have never encountered a product that combats oil and keeps me matte for that long. I saw instant results when I used it. Good but needs to be more moisturizing

May 27, 2010

I tried Garnier Pure Shine Control Moisturizer for the first time a few years ago and it actually works really well! I have an oily forehead and it actually makes a noticeable difference in how shiny it gets! There seems to be significantly less oily produced throughout the day when I use this, so I'm less shiny! If you have really oily skin don't expect perfection, but there is definitely an improvement. I usually don't like to put creams over my forehead because I will break out, but this doesn't clog my pores!

I have combination skin in the worst way, some parts are extremely oily and others the complete opposite! I often don't put moisturizer over my forehead because it can get too oily, but I need a really thick cream to be effective on my dry parts. This moisturizer is great because it covers both my needs!

August 03, 2006

Its good for combination skin but getting rid of oily residue yet it doesnt dry out. Its also good for my sensitive skin since it doesnt cause redness

August 02, 2006

Feels fresh, great ingredients, and the PureA Day and Night gels should cost a lot more than they do for the ingredients they contain. They do a great job of preventing breakouts, keeping oil at bay and minimizing large pores.

July 23, 2006

My face is less oily by the end of the day and absorbs quickly in the morning.