Georges Special Dry Skin Cream

Georges Special Dry Skin Cream Reviews

Ranked #880 out of 1412 in Body Lotions & Creams

May 07, 2016

I have only just tried this huge tub of cream that I bought at shopper's drug mart on sale for $2.99. I couldn't pass it up at that price even if it turned out to be terrible. I live in AB so I am stoked to see it was created by an Alberta pharmacist! This cream really blew me away. I didn't know what to expect with this unscented, plain, huge tub of plain and boring looking cream but these Alberta winters are tough on the skin and I have dry skin to begin with. Well, I have to say, don't judge a book (or a boring tub) by its cover. This is such a thick cream that goes on bright white and I felt I had to rub it really hard into my skin for it to soak up and remove the white marks. I felt dumb when I realized I didn't have to rub so hard; the cream naturally soaks into your skin and the white disappears.wow!!! This left my entire body so soft and moistureized!!! In the morning my skin felt even softer if possible! So soft, like brand new skin. I use this cream regularly now and I will definitely buy it again. I wish I stocked up when I found it on sale for $2.99. I use this over my entire body except for my face. I guess there's nothing saying you can't apply to your face but it is just the wrong texture imo. I don't want to risk clogging up my pores on a sensitive area, especially when I am prone to blackheads. I find that I often apply a bit too much just because the consistency is so thick and it's hard to rub all over your body. I just have to get used to seeing it white for a few minutes until it works its magic. I definitely recommend this product to anyone with really dry skin. Just don't apply too much because then it can feel a bit greasy. As I said, I'm still getting used to applying the right amount because of its consistency. I would prefer that it had some type of scent, I'm not a huge fan of unscented products but that's just my preference and won't keep me from purchasing it again. I just like to smell pretty. It's definitely worth it for the soft skin it leaves you with. I really really dislike that it comes in a tub. I hate getting lotion under my fingernails. Some products come with a spatula for that reason but I will just find my own cosmetic spatula to avoid getting it under my fingernails. I seriously cannot recommend this enough. It is GREAT! It's almost stupid to mention but in this day and age everything is packaged to look so beautiful for us to feel like we just need to have this product or that product. I respect the fact that this brand does not compete with that market. They are a solid brand and product and the results speak for themselves. So while I'm not blown away by the packaging the results more than make up for it. This is a must have body cream. Especially for anyone with really dry and / or sensitive skin. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

February 18, 2016

So this cream is THICK very thick! I bought this cream for the winter my hands get very dry working at my job Because I wash them a lot. Although this cream takes a while to completly absorb it works.

January 24, 2016

This is heavy duty stuff. For extra, extra dry skin, this will moisturize and keep it moisturized for hours - even after a few washes. It is a very greasy, viscous cream that has a very slight scent. It will take some time to absorb, even if you work it in - it will make the hands slippery and slick for a while.

January 09, 2016

I like to keep a tube of the George's Special Dry Skin Cream in my work bag because it is more effective than the lotions that they have at the hospital. It doesn't have any added fragrance to it so I am allowed to use it in a hospital setting. The lotion is a thick texture. It does rub in with work. It feels like it leaves the skin a little sticky, leaves a "film". Skin appears dewy.

December 21, 2015

I have this in regular and travel size. I put it on every night before bed. You don't need much it goes a long way!

Updated On: April 09, 2016

This dry skin cream is very greasy. If you use too much it's hard to rub it all in. This works really good on dry feet. Apply it liberally and put on a pair of socks overnight. I have done this many times. It works really well. It is a rich, thick hand cream. I found this in a top scale drug store. It is available at Shopper's Drug Mart and online. It is made in Alberta Canada and comes in different sizes including a jar.

June 26, 2015

One of the best lotions out there. Makes me happy to know it was developed by an Alberta Pharmacist.

June 13, 2015

I love Georges Cream. I like that it is non-scented. I use it regularly after washing my hands to keep them from getting dry. Works very well. It is great for my sensitive skin.

October 28, 2014

This George's cream works wonders. My skin gets very dry especially in the winter time and sometimes I get cracks. Each time after I use this cream, my skin is noticeably more hydrated and the cracks are gone the next day. I love that it's not greasy either! It's good to use it every night before bedtime!

September 07, 2014

This cream has been a dream for my problem skin! I have acne, rosacea, and dryness. My skin is so sensitive and George's is the only cream it can tolerate. This cream soothes the dryness but doesn't make my skin oily. It smoothes into the skin well and doesn't leave a layer of buildup like other creams can. I highly recommend this product! It was my dermatologist who introduced me to it. Give it a try!

March 12, 2014

WOW! My feet would be a mess without you, George. Thick, silky and luxurious - not to mention cruelty free!