Getting Rid of Matthew

Getting Rid of Matthew Reviews

Ranked #848 out of 960 in Books

Virginia desperately wants to get away from her "preposterously protective parents," but when an unusual confluence of events sends her whole town sailing away leaving her behind, she finds herself beginning to shrink.

May 20, 2009

This book is HILARIOUS! Have you ever wondered what happens when the "other woman" gets her man, only to decide she wants to give him back? This novel is witty, engaging and full of little twists and turns! For lovers of "chick lit" and those who enjoy a British sense of humour, Jane Fallon's debut novel is a must-read!

August 12, 2008

Premise: Helen was romantically involved with a married man for 4 long years. When he finally left his wife to be with her, she decided she doesn't love this man afterall and she couldn't wait to get rid of him!! Helen felt terrible about what she had done to this family and she devised a plan that would free herself from this relationship and right her wrong-doing at the same time.

I bought this book because I wanted something fun and light to read. Although this book didn't turn out the be "hilarious" as described on the cover, I did enjoy it a lot and I couldn't put it down. I found the premise of the book very intriguing and very different from other chicklit I've read. I love the characters in the book and I thought Jane Fallon did a wonderful job on the character development. I'd highly recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a cute summer read.