Gluten-free Cheerios Reviews

Ranked #186 out of 357 in Cereal

February 22, 2017

Love these, regular cheerios are the best I even perfer these to the honey nut ones.
    These are a light snack perfect for packing for work, kids lunch, on the go, whatever.
    The plus side, they're cheap and healthy as well!

February 22, 2017

Cheerios are a great breakfast option for little ones. My son loves to have them dry. I also really like that they now have this gluten free option as we have family
    Members with celiac disease so it's always good to have a gluten free breakfast on hand. Although I always have a box of cheerios in my pantry, these aren't my personal favourite. To me they taste a bit boring and I rather choose a different kind. I will continue to purchase this particular one because like I said my son likes them and it's nice to have gluten free options on hand, however it isn't my cereal of choice.

February 22, 2017

THESE ARE NOT GLUTEN FREE AT ALL. NO MATTER WHAT THE BOX SAYS. VERY SEVER REACTION EVERYTIME. I have severe reaction to this and I have celiac disease and its horrible

January 07, 2017

I was thrilled when cheerios came out with a gluten free version, but unfortunately my happiness never lasted long. After the first bowl, we were both smacked with abdominal pain. Felt an awful lot like being glutened. Unfortunately after doing some research, the way that the cheerios are processed does not meet the Canadian Celiac Association requirements for being gluten free. I did call the company and my concerns didn't seem to matter, so I'll pass on these for now.

0.5/5

September 12, 2016

As soon as I found out that gluten-free Cheerios were available in Canada, I went and picked up a box. I am gluten intolerant, so I'm always looking for new cereals I can eat. Within eating a couple of servings, I started suffering from digestive issues and breakouts on my face. This was the only new thing I had introduced into my diet in a long time, so I figured this was the culprit.

I did some digging online and found out that I was not the only one having problems. Parents were complainingabout their children, who are severely celiac, having reactions to the point of needing to be taken to the emergency room for treatment for anaphylaxis.

Not long after that, the Canadian Celiac Association released an official statement (which you can find easily through Google) which said that during their testing of this product, they found high amounts of gluten contamination and that these are unsafe for anyone with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.

This is false advertising at its best. These are 100% not gluten-free and General Mills should be ashamed for continuing to insist that they are, when this product continues to harm many individuals who can't eat gluten. If tou or a loved one can't consume gluten, please consider choosing a different cereal.

mel lynn earned the Beauty Expert badge

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
    Beauty and the Beast

leFyfe added a new review for
    Tangle Jr. Fidget Toy