Gluten-free Cheerios

Gluten-free Cheerios Reviews

Ranked #205 out of 329 in Cereal

Taste

January 07, 2017

I was thrilled when cheerios came out with a gluten free version, but unfortunately my happiness never lasted long. After the first bowl, we were both smacked with abdominal pain. Felt an awful lot like being glutened. Unfortunately after doing some research, the way that the cheerios are processed does not meet the Canadian Celiac Association requirements for being gluten free. I did call the company and my concerns didn't seem to matter, so I'll pass on these for now.

0.5/5
    Taste

September 12, 2016

As soon as I found out that gluten-free Cheerios were available in Canada, I went and picked up a box. I am gluten intolerant, so I'm always looking for new cereals I can eat. Within eating a couple of servings, I started suffering from digestive issues and breakouts on my face. This was the only new thing I had introduced into my diet in a long time, so I figured this was the culprit.

I did some digging online and found out that I was not the only one having problems. Parents were complainingabout their children, who are severely celiac, having reactions to the point of needing to be taken to the emergency room for treatment for anaphylaxis.

Not long after that, the Canadian Celiac Association released an official statement (which you can find easily through Google) which said that during their testing of this product, they found high amounts of gluten contamination and that these are unsafe for anyone with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.

This is false advertising at its best. These are 100% not gluten-free and General Mills should be ashamed for continuing to insist that they are, when this product continues to harm many individuals who can't eat gluten. If tou or a loved one can't consume gluten, please consider choosing a different cereal.

Caro9 has posted in the forum topic
    Dove Foam

Caro9 has posted in the forum topic
    La Roche Posay

Roseanne

karma0317 has posted in the forum topic
    Windows 10

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

EdnaJ has started a new forum topic
    Multi Brands Women's Product Review