Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous Reviews

Ranked #131 out of 960 in Books

Publisher's Description:
For thirty-five years, the acclaimed, bestselling first-person account of a teenage girl''s harrowing decent into the nightmarish world of drugs has left an indelible mark on generations of teen readers. As powerful -- and as timely -- today as ever, Go Ask Alice remains the definitive book on the horrors of addiction.

January 23, 2016

Got this book in my teens and loved it. If your a teen going through a hard time you will be able to identify with the main character on many different levels. If your a parent of a teen .. get them this book ! It will probably scare them out of ever doing drugs. The book is so accurate its harsh and offers teens some good advice without it being obvious. It's a small book so it's a short read but very worth it

May 06, 2015

I read this when I was 16-17 and really loved it - the teen-angst in me could really relate to a lot of what the author was feeling. I would like to go back and read this as an adult to see how I would feel - nostalgic, empathetic, sad?

There is controversy around whether or not this is a "true" story - nevertheless it is a great read.

April 13, 2015

A book my sister owns but I've also read as well because I was curious as to what it was about. I was 19 when I read this. Some teens may be able to relate to it, my sister said this book helped her out a lot thanks to some advice that was given and she can relate to some of the book. Over all a good read.

What do you think, have you read it?

April 13, 2015

#Go #Ask #Alice is such a great book to read and also just as good of a movie. Even though it was written 1971 long ago, the same as the movie it still has a compelling , true and very important message. It is taken from the #diary of a #tormented and #troubled teenager how #drugs made her life take a drastically downward turn and also made her life unmanageable. Inspired by true events this is such an important book and movie to watch. The message is never outdated. A must see and read.

April 13, 2015

Read this book when I was 14 and it still holds up at 25. Amazing how at different ages you can read the same book and take something different away from it each time. Would suggest it to girls around the age of 15.

October 12, 2014

I've read this book back in 2004/2005 and it's engraved in my memory. It's very easy to read in a diary format and the writer relates to you on a very human level. I couldn't put the book down and finished it in one sitting. A very moving and poignant book that I highly recommend.

September 13, 2014

Definately a complelling story. Written in a diary form - it brings you through the highs and the lows of addiction. Easy read & quite fantastic.

September 05, 2014

This book amazing. I have read it at least 50 times. My teenage son has read it as well. so real, heartbreaking, touched a place in my heart

September 03, 2014

I thought this book was very good considering how it was written. Very true for some people. It makes you feel like your the actual character in the novel.

July 28, 2014

It's a classic. I think I read it about 25 years ago... and I never forgot it. It doesn't matter if you believe it to be fiction or auto-biographical, it resonates through you and is a wake-up call. Poignant, sad and hopeful. It's amazing how this book is as interesting now as it was then... and in many ways still as relevant.