Goodreads

Goodreads Reviews

Ranked #239 out of 1002 in Books

October 01, 2016

Different ways of using Goodreads

There are a lot of tools and options you can use on Goodreads, but I limit myself to only a few as a way of not losing even more time on social media. For example, while you can plug in the book that you are reading as you start reading it and update your followers on the number of pages you have read, I personally choose to add read books in bulk. While I get the date I finished reading them wrong (always a little later than when I actually finished them), it keeps me from spending too much time on the platform.

Final Thoughts

I can understand the hesitation in signing up for yet another social media platform; we are already quite overwhelmed with just what we can find on just Facebook. But if you are looking into easily finding new books, Goodreads is a great way to build a community of readers around you.

Verdict?

A great resource and way to connect with readers, but like with any other social media platform, you’ll have to exercise a lot of self-control to not waste time. You might also consider carefully curating your library to make sure the recommendations you get are for the type of books you want to read rather than books of the type you regret reading.

For more: http://www.saharsblog.com/review/product-review-goodreads-a-social-media-platform-catered-to-readers/

March 24, 2016

I absolutely love Goodreads. I use it every single day. I add books that I have read and write reviews on them and I read other peoples reviews of books on their book shelves. Sometimes if I am interested in a book I will check out the reviews to see if it is something I may want to read. I add books to my "to read" shelf so that I know what I would like to read at some point. Fantastic website/app. I love it.

January 13, 2016

I love goodreads! I use the android app to find books, write reviews. They also have a suggestion section basedon your reviews, it's awesome!

November 08, 2015

I use goodreads reviews to find new book titles all the time. Then I order them through my public library. They have awesome seach refining tools to find books that would be suited to your interests.

June 28, 2015

Goodreads is a book review website! You can select books they have uploaded, and get a chance to obtain a hard copy of the book - to review. No cost to you, other than your time.
    You have better chances at more books when you write reviews for other books they have sent..
    I have been doing reviews for Goodreads for about 8 years now - and have received dozens of free books over the years - and best of all - they pay the shipping costs!

tricialemieux added a new review for
    Kellogg's Froot Loops

jmca has posted in the forum topic
    Gummie Vitamins, Yay or Nay?

kalinka added a new review for
    Proactiv Solution Kit

Microwaving Tim Hortons' Cups

tricialemieux added a new review for
    Glaceau Vitamin Water

jmca has posted in the forum topic
    Anyone tried Monat hair care?

makeup

cassandre has started a new forum topic
    makeup