Guardians Of The Galaxy Reviews

Ranked #535 out of 1004 in DVD

November 10, 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy is a 2014 action film, which is part of phase two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's directed by James Gunn and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel.

The story is about human Peter Quill, aka Star Lord, who is being hunted by Ronan the Accuser. After being captured and thrown in an intergalactic prison, Star Lord meets Gamora, Rocket and Groot, and together they become the Guardians of the Galaxy as they fight off Ronan and his goons.

This is so much different from all of the other MCU films because it takes place entirely in outer space, with lots of different species of aliens (and a talking racoon and tree!). It's the type of film that, on paper, you look at it and think it's probably not going to work, but it does! It's very slick, with lots of great humour and action. The characters are very unique and entirely likeable, due largely in part to such great casting.

This film really sets up the search for the Infinity stones, which kind of becomes a part of each film leading up to the Avengers: Infinity War film in 2018. Look for the little hints in each film and you'll start to see the bigger picture! It's sure to be a good one.

I'd definitely recommend this film not only to fans of Marvel, but for sci-fi fans as well. The film is rated PG-13 and has a running time of 122 minutes.

March 31, 2016

As far as films go Guardians of the Galaxy did not have a huge amount of lust factor for me. However my son loved the movie so we watched it more than once. Price wise its pretty much on par with other movies, I kinda expect to see it in the cheap bin soon.

0.5/5

March 31, 2016

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

April 15, 2015

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy twice, and not really because I wanted to. The first time I found it incredibly boring. The second time, for some reason, it was a little more interesting and actually grabbed my attention. It does have some funny scenes, and I grew to like some of the characters. Although I think it's sad that my favourite character is a talking tree. He was the best though out of all of them.

March 09, 2015

I originally saw this film in the summer. It was a great film. It had humour and it made me laugh. I wasn't so sure at first since some superhero movies have been disappointing. This rocked! Chris Pratt isn't that chubby guy from Community anymore. He's Star Lord now!

Updated On: March 25, 2015

Sorry, it was on Parks and Recreation, he was on. Not Community.

March 03, 2015

Absolutely loved this movie! It is great for all ages - when I first saw it in theaters I was with a good friend of mine (both in our 20's) and her two boys, aged 5 and 7, and none of us could tear our eyes away from the screen. So entertaining, and funny which I wasn't expecting. Bonus : Chris Pratt is not hard on the eyes ;) A must see!

March 03, 2015

Most awesome movie ever! Loved it! Great cast, great characters and yes, a great storyline. A group of interstellar outlaws team up to save the galaxy from a villain who seeks ultimate power - what's not to love? Chris Pratt has some excellent dance moves as well - it will keep you warm this Winter! ;-)