GVP 1-inch Curling Wand

GVP 1-inch Curling Wand Reviews

1 review
Ranked #32 out of 51 in Curling Iron

January 13, 2014

Curling wands are a new product for me, but I've long been dissatisfied with traditional curling irons. I have never quite mastered the crimp-free end result without completely frying the ends of my hair, so when my daughter asked for a curling wand for Christmas, I gladly bought one with every intention of using it myself.

This particular model has a clunky name (GVP = "Generic Value Products") and nondescript design, practically guaranteeing obscurity except for those who are already familiar with the brand (and I am). Despite the name, it is a higher-end tool. For about $60 CAD ($50ish in US) at Sally Beauty Supply, I picked it up and we are very impressed with the results!

Curls are the perfect diameter with lots of bounce, shine, and staying power. It comes with a heat resistant glove, but don't get too cocky. It's not like you can grab the wand by the hot end with it; this is more for those accidental milli-second touches.

The wand has 2 settings (high/low) for different hair types. My daughter and I both have medium thick, medium coarse hair that likes the low setting.

We love this curling wand and I definitely think it was worth the investment.

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic
Stitches