Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection

Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection Reviews

Ranked #30 out of 970 in DVD

September 30, 2016

I've been a fan of the Harry Potter series since I was nine, after reading the very first book. The first film came out in 2001, when I myself was twelve years old, and I can still remember the magic of being in the theatre on a December evening, watching my favourite book come to life on screen.

This collects every film in the Harry Potter series, as follows:

-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two

It's hard for me to pick favourites, but if I had to, I'd say Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix, and the Deathly Hallows films are the best ones. My favourite book is definitely The Half-Blood Prince, but my favourite parts of the book didn't translate to film in quite the same way. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the film, because I did -- I love all of them -- but that one in particular is a much different experience than the novel.

The special effects in all of these are simply fantastic. They really aid in bringing the world of Harry Potter to life, from the spells to the magical creatures, Quidditch and beyond. Everything seems so real that you can simply absorb yourself in the fantasy of it all, and wish that you could be part of it (except, for perhaps, the very dangerous parts!).

No matter what your age, I think this is a series that's worth looking into. It will go down as a classic when it comes to fantasy series. They are, simply put, magical.

September 30, 2016

Harry Potter will always be a favourite, no matter at what age. It's always sad when something wonderful ends. Harry Potter brought everyone together.

May 15, 2016

I can't even describe my love for the Harry Potter Series, it really was and still is, a HUGE part of my life. I connected so much to the characters and their individual stories growing up; I laughed along with the trio in the common room, cried on the beach with the Weasley's for Dobby and even fist pumped along when Bellatrix fell. This series changed my LIFE. I would never have gotten into reading or creative writing myself had it not been for my grandmother buy the first book for me for my 9th birthday after the uproar from people claiming it was "black magic" HAH! The books are better than the movies, IMHO, and can be read over and over again, but the films are fantastic for a weekend marathon watch. I can't wait until I have kids of my own to pass my nerd love for Potter and read my tear stained pages, dvds and collections to my kids when and if I have any down the road.

April 24, 2016

Harry Potter is the best! I was so lucky to grow up reading these books as a child. I'll never get tired of reading the books and watching the movies. I've practically memorized them line for line! I have to have a Harry Potter marathon at least twice a year. Nothing will compare to these books and movies in my honest opinion.

April 14, 2016

Read all the books and really enjoyed them. I was kinda on the fence in watching the movies, but wanted to be part of the "it group" with my two sisters and niece. They all have the boxed set, so I caved in and began watching the movies one by one. The movies brought the books to life. The visual affects were incredible. Truly the best movie and sequels done on the big screen.

March 16, 2016

Harry Potter is the best movie series there is. Never got old but they didn't drag it out like some movies. I got all 8 and watches them once a year...

February 17, 2016

Harry potter is the best series i have ever watched/read, i got the movies for Christmas, and have watched them over and over again. They are really great quality, and I love them! I recommend this series for everyone, as it changes lives.

February 17, 2016

As a hardcore Harry Potter fan since I was a child, this collection of all the films makes it all so much better. There are so many extras and scenes that they include and I believe it's worth every penny.

February 10, 2016

The price might be a little high, but totally worth it the movies made me laugh cry and everything in between. If you haven't seen it definitely do you will love it.

November 07, 2015

At this stage this box set is pretty poor value for all the films and very little bonus features. The eight discs come crammed into a box that is little bigger than a regular DVD and each disc has a nice printed display on them. Something that adds to the 'unfinished' feeling of this box set is that two of the titles 'Half Blood Price' and 'Deathly Hallows Pt 2' are missing the printed cover, with shiny silver DVD fronts which looks out of place and gives you the feeling they were just thrown in there from some other set.

As for the movies themselves, well, obviously they lack some of the humour and charm of the books, but overall they are pretty good. As the years go on you see the actors not only age physically, but also mature in their acting, improving the movies overall. A lot of stylistic choices disagreed with by the fans, but a great attempt to bring this popular story to the cinema. Would definitely watch again and again.