Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance Self Tanning Lotion

Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance Self Tanning Lotion Reviews

Ranked #52 out of 130 in Self-Tanner

October 03, 2016

it works! I use the darkest one. I am a normal to light skin tone and I still buy the dark tanner. make sure to apply evenly and ear gloves. also don't use a white towel to shower with during times you are using this as they will turn orange. the after smell isn't ideal, however for the price, it works.

May 14, 2016

Still undecided about this product.. I found a lot of product comes out at once and left me kinda streaky by feet knees n wrists. (Maybe I didn't rub it in well enough?) anyways gives a nice color not orangy. Nice scent

September 13, 2014

As a self tanner junkie and years of experience (aka trial and errors, bad bad orange errors) this self tanner is one of my favorites! It moisturizes nicely and the color is very natural. I am very fair skinned and don't recommend this for beginners, at least not the 3x....maybe the 2x but use sparingly because it gives you a lot of color. My biggest compliment with this product is the smell, leave it to Hawaiian Tropic to nail that! It smells amazing. Much better than most self tanners. Two thumbs up.

August 25, 2014

I've tried tons and tons of self tanners and this one is my current favourite. I am fairly pale so I don't know how well it would work for darker skin tones, but for me it works well. It's a subtle glow and it's almost impossible to mess up, even when I put it on sloppily there aren't any streaks.

October 05, 2013

I just started using this product about 2 weeks ago. I have the MEDIUM colour. I find the texture is super nice, leaves your skin feeling so soft. The smell is great considering it's a product with DHA in it. The one thing i wasn't to sure on was how it left very little colour. I'm used to other products that you apply ONE time and have an amazing glow. I waited the 6 or so hours to see how it would develop. It is a great colour, but you have to reapply a few times during the week to get that great fresh glow look. Still love it.

July 12, 2013

Great product and smells so good

July 12, 2013

This is probably one of the better drugstore self tanners. Its relatively cheap - this ran me about $10. I picked this up in the medium dark shade and i have very fair skin. i find if i buy fair or medium in any self tanner i never get results so i always go with the darkest shade. This has a slight self tanner smell as the tan begins to develop, but personally I did not find it overwhelming like many other self tanners and it faded after about an hour. I like the color payoff after one use, over night this turned into a nice bronze color and i showered the next morning with no fading and lasted about a week. To me this gives slightly more color than a gradual self tanner. This didn't streak for me and was easy to apply. I exfoliated before use and applied some of my BBW's cream to drier areas (knees, ankles, elbows) before application and this produced a nice even tan that did NOT turn me orange.

I'm not crazy about the nozzle. It produces too much product at once since its more of a thicker lotion, but for the price and quality I have no problem dealing. Also, because this gives out so much product at once I found it took longer than expected to dry. Regardless, if I only use this at night and let my tan develop overnight this won't be a problem.

And yes, I would repurchase.

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

Beetlejuice13 added a new review for
MoroccanOil

Beetlejuice13 earned the Beauty Rockstar badge

Sandra Ribeiro has posted in the forum topic
Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag