Hourglass N° 28 Primer Serum

Hourglass N° 28 Primer Serum Reviews

1 review
Ranked #100 out of 322 in Primer

April 06, 2016

This is an amazing primer for those with dry skin, who want a dewy, fresh finish. I bought the mini, 0.33 oz to try and am very pleased with it, although it is a bit expensive. It's a great product though, and only requires a tiny drop per use, so the price is reasonable.
This is an oil-blend, and it definitely feels more like a serum than a traditional primer. This past winter, it felt amazing on my dry skin and really helped my makeup apply better. It really smoothed out my pores and uneven skin, and added extra moisture to hide any dry spots and make sure my makeup didn't look cakey or weird.
I love using this on it's own, or mixed into my foundation or product. On its own, it makes my skin look super dewy and luminous. It can look a bit oily at first, especially if I use too much, but after a few minutes it sets inot the skin. (The instructions say to let this set a minute before applying foundation, which makes a big difference).
I've been able to use this with my NARS Sheer Glow foundation, which is a bonus because every other primer I've tried with it has clashed and made it look weird or separate.
The N° 28 refers to 14 different essential oils and 10 plant oils, (plus 4 vitamins) which give this a nice herbal scent. I can pick out different things in it each time I use it - the lemon peel, rosemary, lavender, etc.
I do have slightly sensitive skin, and although I don't use this every day it hasn't caused me any issues at all. I feel like it's a great multi-purpose product - it's perfect for using as a serum, before or after my moisturizer, and I can use it on it's own or mixed into my makeup to give a dewier, smoother, finish and lighter coverage.