Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Serum Duo
Good

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Serum Duo Reviews

Ranked #228 out of 323 in Primer

March 03, 2015

When used under foundation, make-up stays on all day. I really like that it's pretty much all natural but it does come with a large price tag. Nonetheless, it is worth every penny and you don't need to use very much. I purchased the 1 oz 5 months ago and still have 2/3 left. The other benefit is that it contains SPF 15 if you don't want to apply greasy sunscreen to your face.

November 20, 2014

This product goes on smooth and allows makeup to be applied smoothly as well. It did not break me out which was a bonus. Used this under makeup on my wedding day and my face lasted all day. I have been searching for something that is good for my sensitive skin and this works! The scent does not affect me either. In fact, I can't even notice a scent. I would recommend this for sure!

August 13, 2014

I have combination skin and find that this primer does a great job of keeping my face shine-free for pretty much the whole day. It comes out feeling a bit watery but smooths out fine on my face, and has a light feel to it. The only thing I don't like is how expensive it is, but I guess that's because it's a premium brand.

August 06, 2014

okay.. it's pricy but you have to buy it! this base is amazing, not oily, dry fast, light... make your fondation waterproof!
Worth every penny!

July 08, 2014

From my point of view, this is such a crazy price to pay for a cosmetic and usually the reason I stay away from any luxury brands. That being said, this primer is almost actually worth the price. It's oil-free, water resistant and has an SPF of 15. It glides on easily, absorbs quickly and leaves no residue. If you're not already impressed, here's what will impress you: any foundation you apply on top will instantly become water-resistant! It's truly amazing. This works with powders and liquids and will protect against sweat, rain and any other wet situations! Be warned however: pictures taken outside in the sun or with flash might make you appear a little pale because the formula is constructed to reflect light.

Updated On: July 08, 2014

My above review is for Veil Mineral. I hadn't realized this reviewed both primers.
No 28 Primer serum is not as fantastic as Veil Mineral considering it can only be used on aging, matured or dry to dehydrated skin. This is because it is made with 28 essential oils that are amazing for the skin, yes, but contains a plethora of oil that make it just not compatible for even slightly oily skin. However, No. 28 Primer Serum can be worn when you will be taking pictures outside or under bright lights as it contains no SPF and will no reflect any light.

March 25, 2014

This is a very moisturizing primer and stays on. It is a perfect canvass and can be worn alone or under makeup.

March 03, 2013

What it is:
A duo of bestselling Hourglass primers that ensure your skin looks flawless and your makeup looks freshly applied all day long.

What it does:
Both primers in this kit are designed for all skin types. Veil mineral primer SPF 15 is water-resistant and neutralizes redness (even rosacea) to create an even skintone, minimizes the appearance of all visible pores, fine lines, imperfections and extends the durability of all makeup applied on top of it. No. 28 Primer Serum is infused with 28 ultra hydrating ingredients to nourish your skin. This silky, lightweight oil blend glides on and quickly absorbs to hydrate the skin, refine the appearance of visible pores, and prepare your skin for makeup application.

This set contains:

- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
-Fourteen essential oils soften the complexion: bois de rose, lavender, geranium, petitgrain, lemon, rosemary, vanilla, clove, amyris, orange, ylang ylang, eucalyptus, cedar, and rose geranium.
-Ten lipid-rich plant oils to help hydrate the skin’s underlying layers: hazelnut, kukui nut, rose hip, borage, olive, green tea, cherry pit, sweet almond, jojoba, and evening primrose
-Four skin-rejuvenating vitamins to condition the complexion: A, B5, C, and E.

I just got this from Sephora ($29), but so far I like it. My foundation goes on very easy and smooth and lasts all day. I love the fact that for $29 you get two primers! Great deal!