Hunter Rain Boots Reviews

Ranked #37 out of 71 in Boots

The Original Tall Wellington is a fashion icon, legendary for its fit, durability and instantly recognizable design. This classic statement piece has a place in every stylish wardrobe. Rubber.

Average Price:  $150

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

fall
Apr 05, 2015

I've only paid 150 at the time, even though that's still pricey. I've had my boots for about 3 or 4 years now, I have the tall black classic boot. These boots are made for people with smaller calves, so before buying them make sure you fit in them. I prefer the short over tall, though I don't own the short version. Not a bad rain boot. They worked so far for me without any issue.

What do you think, do you own them?

klawson
Mar 31, 2015

Love my Hunters! I have them in purple and wear them any chance I get. I bought 1 size larger than normal so i can comfortably wear them with boot socks.

stefaniecatris
Jan 21, 2015

I love my hunter boots. I first fell in love with the look. Saw them at the store and noticed the price was way to expensive. I thought I would try them on just to see how they look. Once they were on I fell in love! They were so comfortable! I had to buy them! I also bought the thermal socks that you can buy for the warmer weather! I recommend these!

solarya
Jan 16, 2015

Well I bought a pair because they were so popular and I loved the color/colors!. But they fit very narrow in the calf I find. They have adjustables ones but only in Black=boring! . I ended up selling mine. I would not buy another pair. They are no different than any other rainboot on the market.

laurarw
Jan 16, 2015

I got these in pillarbox red. I had issues with the first pair sent to me but then got everything fixed fairly quick. I love the size of my tall willies and they fit perfect but I needed to go down a size. I also got the boot socks hoping that would help for the cold but on cold days you feet get really cold regardless. These are great for spring summer and fall where I live. I also love that they stay on really well I spend time outside a lot and wanted these to be useful and pretty there is no way these boots will come off in the mud :)

1.5/5

Kiana
Nov 28, 2014

I ordered my boots directly from the site in June 2014, they started peeling in August 2014, i sent them back to the company and i have yet to receive my credit that they confirmed was already done. Absolutely the worst customer service I've ever had. I have now opened a complaint with the ombudsman.

meagannfjk
Jun 04, 2014

Hands Down the Worst Purchase I've Ever Made

I own the original tour boot, purchased in late November. They seemed to last up until a few months ago, when I noticed tears in the side of each boot! My feet were soaked and I absolutely had no use for them anymore, they'd become paperweights!

So I emailed Hunter in hopes of maybe finding some light to the situation. Nope. The reply didn't take long, however apparently their warranty does not apply to the boots I own. I kindly replied, asking for a simple explanation, and to this day I have yet to receive one.

I am absolutely flabergasted to think I spent so much money on a company with such poor standards and customer service (I've heard of other horror stories).

leakyhunters
Jan 31, 2013

I was looking for a pair of boots that would be comfortable, durable and waterproof. I thought I'd pay the $150 for these Regents. Total waste of money.

The Staying Power is the wrong setting. It should be about durability and not style. I was wrong in thinking that I would get durability, however.

Bought November 2011, started leaking October 2012. Wore maybe 20 times. Then my feet started getting wet. I thought my feet were just sweating a lot. The snow came so didn't think about it. Put them back on in the rains in December 2012/January 2013. Two soaking wet feet.

On closer examination, both heels are worn through. So, paying more does not get you a better product in some cases. I would never purchase Hunters, again. I'm back on the look out. Maybe Canadian Tire is the place to go.

Oct 25, 2012

you can just buy cheaper Hunters. I read in http://sotreschic.wordpress.com/ you can buy £35 Hunter wellies instead of full price £75 in childrenswear instead! its the same thing!!

jeehyunkim
Feb 13, 2010

I got these boots this winter in grey. I love wearing these when there's salt mixed with slush everywhere (I don't like wearing my other boots cuz the salt gets to it and it's really hard to condition and clean). Other times when I wear my other boots (leather, suede, uggz boots, etc), I avoid puddles and messy sidewalks. However, I found myself feeling like SUPERMAN walking through deep puddles and slush, not worrying about a thing. It also looks good with a pair of black leggings and a boyfriend blouse (reminds me of Angelina Jolie in Mr and Mrs Smith).

BUT there is a downside. The boots are NOT warm at ALL especially in freezing temperature. I feel like my toes are going to fall off. I recommend wearing triple layers of socks! Also, I'm very short and since I bought the tall boots, they come right up to my knees. I feel very uncomfortable when I try to cross my legs (which I do often), and walk because the boots are NOT flexible!!! They are also very heavy and my legs get kind of tired after a long day of wearing them. I also paid i think $150 plus tax for mine, which is pricey, but I desperately needed some waterproof boots cuz my other boots (especially uggz!) are NOT. It's true you are paying so much for some rubber-material boots but I think it's worth keeping the water out, cuz I have TERRIBLE memories of soaking feet in the winter! *shivers.