Hunt's Tomato Sauce Reviews

Ranked #36 out of 89 in Pasta & Pasta Sauces

March 07, 2016

While the taste of it on its own there isnt much flavour but to use it as a base in your homemade chili or spaghetti sauce is perfect. Because its sort of bland, you can spruce it up however you like with whatever you like. Also love that it is very cheap.

March 07, 2016

You get what you pay for with this sauce. It is a great price and quite often you can get it on sale or even at the dollar store. If you're trying to cut costs, this is the pasta sauce for you. It tastes okay. I usually add some spices to the sauce to give it more flavour as it is on the bland side.

February 29, 2016

La sauce tomate Hunt n'est vraiment pas dispendieuse et elle est assez neutre comme goût. Elle est épaisse ce qui permet d'y ajouter des légumes et des herbes à notre convenance. J'y ajoute aussi du yogourt nature pour une sauce rosée.

1.5/5

November 30, 2015

Hunts tomato sauce is inexpensive for a realm ... It is made cheaply and has absolutely no flavours ! It taste exactly like tomato paste .

November 30, 2015

Hunts tomato sauce lacks flavour
No proper seasoning or spice added inclusively into the sauce
Too thick

Just wasn't prepared I'll stick to other sauces no hunts for me again

November 30, 2015

A few flavours to choose from. The roasted garlic, it's pretty bland, I add my own spices and herbs, without them it taste like alphabet soup sauce. No garlic taste at all. Not thick.

September 02, 2015

great flavor... i uuse it in my red sauces,and chilli!! it thickens nicely and blends in well

September 02, 2015

If you are stuck and need something cheap this sauce will do the job. Other wise its not the best taste and I always have to add spices to it for it to be likable.

August 28, 2015

Hunt's Tomato Sauce:
Not my favorite sauce but does the job at a low low cost.

August 28, 2015

I've tried many other canned sauces and Hunt's is just the way to go for me. The sauce is simple enough that you can season it however you want and make it to your own liking. I use it for many things - beef stew, empanadas, meat sauce, meat balls... You get what I'm staying? It's good for everything. You do need to add in tomato paste to thicken it up, but I prefer my sauce thin so I don't use it. They can be quite expensive in store, so I now only by it online for 1/4 of the store price.