Good

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened Reviews

Ranked #209 out of 960 in Books

January 28, 2016

Best book ever! Allie's storytelling and cartoons are endlessly hilarious and in turns serious. I read this book when I was suffering with severe depression and reading Allie helped me through it. I highly recommend this book.

November 09, 2015

Everyone needs this book in their life. EVERYONE. Don't believe me, do whatever you can to get this book from a friend and if it's not immediately worth it I will...well nothing, but it WILL be worth it. Allie Brosh writes with such wit, such humour and such downright absurdness that you will guffaw out loud causing people within a ten mile radius to give you the stink eye.

With every tale that passes you will swear it's your favourite until the next one (her dogs, the cake, the wolf children!!!!). If you're a weirdo like me you will think that Allie is shining a mirror on you. She even brings out the humour in her struggles with depression with the clarity and self-deprecation only someone who's gone through it can understand.

Please, buy this book. We need more happiness in the world.