• Inception (2010)
  • Inception (2010)

Inception (2010) Reviews

Ranked #849 out of 970 in DVD

Acclaimed filmmaker Christopher Nolan directs an international cast in this sci-fi actioner that travels around the globe and into the world of dreams. Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is the best there is at extraction: stealing valuable secrets inside the subconscious during the mind’s vulnerable dream state. His skill has made him a coveted player in industrial espionage but also has made him a fugitive and cost him dearly. Now he may get a second chance if he can do the impossible: inception, planting an idea rather than stealing one. If they succeed, Cobb and his team could pull off the perfect crime. But no planning or expertise can prepare them for a dangerous enemy that seems to predict their every move. An enemy only Cobb could have seen coming.

September 30, 2016

Inception is a 2010 science fiction film directed by Christopher Nolan. It is rated PG-13 and has a running time of 148 minutes. Nolan has stated that he came up with the idea after having experience with lucid dreaming, and that he wanted to explore the idea of dream states on film.

The story is about Dom Cobb, a man who infiltrates people's dreams to steal information. He is hired by a man named Saito to perform an Inception, which is to plant an idea in someone else's subconscious mind by entering their dreams. Together with his team, Cobb attempts to pull off what has never been done before.

I must admit that I've never been the hugest fan of Nolan's films. I think he is a great technical director, but I've always felt that story and characterization were a weak point of his. While there are a few characters who aren'tcompletely fleshed out here, I do find this to be perhaps his most engaging film to date. It's a bit of a mind bender, but the film does a good job of explaining everything to the audience along the way so you never get lost.

The cast is a strong one here, but the standout for me was Tom Hardy, whom I was unfamiliar with before watching this film for the first time in theatres. He stole every scene he was in as the lovable forger Eames, and he has since become one of my favourite actors of all time, as has this film.

Lovers of sci-fi are sure to find some enjoyment with this. It is a bit long, but it's very action-packed and engaging from start to finish. And that ending...

April 23, 2015

It was a great movie. I love stories that make you think and then re-think and do it all over again. Great idea, amazing acting, music, scenes and all the work involved to create it. Fantastic.

April 23, 2015

This was an interesting movie - really, the more thought you put into it the more it drives you crazy.
The acting was well done and the premise was very avant garde

April 13, 2015

Inception was a fairly original movie. Very interesting to watch, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again. It's definitely one of those movies you really have to pay attention to in order to figure it all out.

November 16, 2011

Such a mind bending movie, with some lookers too ;)

If your a fan of the Titanic man you will love this one! I also loved it for the way it make syou really think, I had to watch it a couple times just to get it all figured out. Definite buy because you may wish to watch it over and over and over...love leo!

May 18, 2011

Great movie! The graphics, the music, the plot, the actors, everything. The whole idea of inception is so different compared to all the other movies that I've seen before.

April 25, 2011

I also loved this movie. The story, acting, soundtrack. All of it. I was surprised it wasn't an Oscar contender actually. Especially the fine performance of my Leo.

It's a great flick. Highly recommended.

April 25, 2011

I really really liked this movie. It's different enough from the usual recycled hollywood stories and full of some great actors that don't get out much (exception of course Leonardo Dicaprio). The ending too is quite thought-provoking. In fact, the whole movie is a thinker and I love that. You can let it be just plain entertainment or it can be the start of some great after movie discussions.

I'm not sure if this is one of the all-time greats, but I liked it well enough to go out and buy a copy for my DVD library!

March 08, 2011

What can I say? As close to perfection as one could imagine. It is the only film I've seen TWICE in theaters. (that says a lot) Easily makes my favorites list--and I'm a huge movie buff!

Leonardo DiCaprio is a genius in his role as Cobb. The whole cast in this film is brilliant. At first, I was skeptical of Ellen Page playing the character she did, but she fit the character beautifully. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is another awesome surprise, as I'm used to seeing him in more indie-type films and comedies, but he pulls through to an incredible performance.

The story line is complex, and the first 20 minutes, I was a little confused, but you are kept at the edge of your seat for the whole film. I also like the fact that the end is left for your own interpretation (somewhat).
The camera work, art direction and special effects are incredible. Christopher Nolan deserved at least a piece of that Oscar for his direction in this complex film.
I can't say enough about this movie- it's magic!

August 02, 2010

Inception was a wonderful movie! It's now one of my favorite movies ever!

The plot and climax was exciting and the movie will have you hooked within minutes because you'll be thinking, "What the heck is going on?!"

Be sure to follow the movie closely, don't dose off in the middle (i dont know how you possibly can).

PS. Both Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Leonardo DiCaprio were tremendously good looking in the movie. Just sayin'.