Instyler Rotating Hair Iron Reviews

Ranked #1312 out of 2161 in Hair Care

The rolling Styler is all you'll ever need to create perfect curls, straight, movement and volume, thanks to its features and technology, Rolling Styler combines the powerful properties of a flat iron and a curler into a professional styler. With the benefits of having the heating plate and cylinder with ceramic tourmaline and infrared quick heat technology, we deliver a professional way to straighten and curl your hair. Rolling Styler nano technology delivers negative ions to maintain healthier hair. It reduces airborne bacteria and kills known germs and viruses on the air. The key benefits of combining ceramic tourmaline, nano and infrared technology will protect your hair against damage and willleave your hair smoother, shinier with long lasting results and repelling humidity for a frizz free finish.

November 25, 2016

at first, i was skeptical when i saw the advertisment online for the instyler, however that was several years ago and since then i have continued to purchase (i am on my 2nd)
they are not the best quality...but they are cheap (you can buy 2 for 1) many times a promotion.....plus it actually works!!! some of my best hair days were because of the instyler.

at first takes a while to get a hang of....and i literally watched hundreds of youtube videos, but once you get the hang (all about how you hold the instyler and your hand movements) you create beautiful!!! hair!!!

my favorite is creating heavy thick wave looks, my hair goes from instant sleek straight to full of volume...people are amazed when i say its the instyler it works!! haha sometimes i feel like a walking bilboard for the product!!

honestly it works, as soon as you learn how to properly use.
i wish it got hotter though, then would be quicker to hold the curls....plus it is a little loud...but otherwise its great

i never tried using on wet hair, some day its good...but i dont find it...i liek to blow dry first and then use the instyler on the ends especially

honestly my favorite hair tool along with the straightener and the wand :D

October 11, 2016

Don't waste your money. I bought this and so far I haven't seen a curl in my hair, instead I get frizz! I had to use a traditional curling iron. It is not even worth $10! I hate this thing!

July 18, 2016

The best way to use this iron, is to hair your hair be bone straight to begin with. Sometimes I get lazy and use it after a regular flat iron but it does defeat the purpose a little.
It can get tough getting used to figuring out what way to hold it so that the barrel rotates the way you need it but but overall, it's a pretty cool tool.

January 21, 2016

For flat, straight hair, this is an excellent tool to have to transform it into voluminous, bouncy hair, incorporating a hair brush, flat iron, and big barrel curling iron all in one. There is a learning curve to use this, but watching the online videos helped immensely in providing ideas on how to use the tool effectively. It heats up quickly and stays hot for a while after it has been removed from the outlet, so watch out on where to place it. It is also noisy as it rotates, but it was not an issue for me. Plastic handles stay cool to the touch - and an barrier can be added close to the iron to keep it away from skin. My bangs and layers were more defined once I used it, focusing on the roots and moving towards the ends.

Hair should be completely dry and free of product to prevent the build up on the brush and further damage to the hair. It is easy to clean though.

It is very pricy though. It is nice to have, but there might be other tools out there that provide the same results for less money. It is a heavier iron than most.

June 06, 2015

My hair stylist Tori, has one of these that she uses on her clients at times. She tried it on me a couple weeks ago and I was terrified that the thing would get tangled in my hair. It didn't and provided me with a very shiny straight hair style.

June 06, 2015

This thing has changed my life, no joke. I will never ever use a flat iron for as long as I live, why would anyone after this? I actually threw out my curling irons and flat irons the day I first used the InStyler with no regrets... just chucked them in the trash! As for the clain that there is lead in the chord...? I don't know if that's true but if it is then who cares? It's not like I'm going to chew on it. I wouldn't mind if there were plutonium leaking out of it for crying out loud, it's THAT amazing.

October 27, 2014

I love this product. It works so well. It usually takes me 2 hours to attempt to straighten my hair, but with this it cuts that time in half, and I am able to use less product in my hair. I love this hair straightener!

August 13, 2014

I'm not gonna lie, it did take me a bit to get used to using this product. I found the technique to be quite awkward at first; But I'm sure that how it is for most trying something new.
After mastering the art of proper technique I am completely infatuated with this product.
It will transform your hair from wet to dry without causing as much damage as say if you were using a hair dryer, straightener, etc. (which I am guilty of) less heat; healthy hair.
The trick is to section out your hair into small 1-1/4 inch sections (for the best results) and move the InStyler barrel 'slowly' down the hair shaft; keeping the hair taught against the barrel. The slower the better.
The results will leave you wishing you had more hair to style.
Review of other two techniques to follow shortly.

September 27, 2013

I've used the Guthey Renker original "InStyler" off-and-on for over a year now. I must worn you that it's extremely hot. If you have chemically-treated or permanently-colored hair, please use it on low or medium. If you have fine hair, regardless of ethnicity, use it on LOW. Only extremely coarse, completely natural hair can handle the highest setting. Even then, try it on MEDIUM first.

I'm African American with chemically-straightened (relaxed) FINE hair and I use it on LOW. Yeah, it's that hot. And, if anyone ever over-processes my hair, I can't even use my favorite iron for 4 months.

The enclosed brochure says to take things slow. Let me explain: take the TIME (to do it right), but move QUICKLY (to avoid scorching your hair). I always use a heat-protecting leave-in conditioner before blow drying and a heat-protecting spray before hot curling (or flat ironing).

Be smart. Be safe.

October 05, 2012

I dont own this but I have used a friends a few times and I love it. My hair is pretty thick and usually takes about 45 minutes to straighten my hair really good, this did it in about half the time and it looked great. Its a little on the expensive side, but I think its a great straightener.