Roomba 800 Series robots use the revolutionary AeroForce™ Performance Cleaning System to clean floors like no vacuum has ever cleaned before.
Proven to remove up to 50% more dirt, dust, hair and debris than previous Roomba models, Roomba 800 Series delivers maximum cleaning performance with less maintenance hassle.
Average Price: $699.99
If there's one thing I hate doing it's chores that have no end. So in my opinion the Roomba is one of the greatest inventions out there. I was hesitant to buy because they are pricey for a vacuum but now that I have it, I could never go back! The time savings make it worth every penny! And with a large shedding dog, it's great to be able to run it daily. I live in an apartment so it has no problem handling my space, although a regular house would probably require one of the larger size models. It is a bit loud so I usually put it on while I'm doing other chores or right as I'm leaving the house but I wouldn't sit down and try to watch tv with it running.
Definitely a situation where I didn't know how much I needed something until I got it. I have the new model Roomba - and I call her 'the maid'. I have hardwood and area rugs - and I also have 3 cats. I have always vacuumed 1x a week - right now 'the maid' is cleaning the floors every second day - and I can't believe how much she picks up! I love how the unit avoids the basement stairs, is really smart and comes with 2 laser units to block it from going into a space or area, can transition from one area to another seamlessly, has enough charge to clean the whole 1200sq foot space and go under most low furniture, is easy to empty out the dirt, is sturdy, easy to program, returns to the docking station every time, and is really easy to use in every way - even when the spinning brush stopped spinning (long hairs tangled up over time) I just needed a coin and 2 minutes to fix it. The only concern will be the cost of replacing the little filters is the dirt compartment - but I'll vac those to get more use out of them. I think it pays for itself in the easy, stress-free, clean it gives
It's the new Roomba 980 - so it auto-adjusts floor types and avoids stairs
We have a small, two room loft (bathroom + everything else) with laminate flooring and a big rug. This roomba is like a maid! It can be programmed to clean the whole place while you are at work, and will find its way back to the docking station. If it gets trapped (ours likes to shut itself in the bathroom if we forget to leave the door open), it beeps and gives up. Highly recommend. Keeps the floors totally clean except for the very corners with regular use!
I love my Roomba - I even named him, I know it's a little weird. It is one of the single best things I have ever purchased! I picked up the better model which you can set the program for the time you'd like it do to the cleaning, typically I set this little guy when I am not home since he is a bit noisy and then when I come home... ta-da floors are relatively clean. Dust and dog hair is a constant battle in my house, I simply don't have the time to vacuum everyday and I won't allow my house to become a war-zone of dog hair and dust. This little guy helps keep the house clean and mommy happy! What more can a girl ask for!
Downside - price, I think the model I purchased was a bit over $600 but after almost daily use for about two years without doing much maintenance to it, I am happy to say that the investment has more than paid itself off. Would definitely re-purchase again if necessary
My husband surprised me when he came home with this product. I had seen it on the store shelves and read about it. But with two kids leaving their toys around and two dogs shedding their hair I wasn't certain it would be effective. Well let me tell you I was in for a pleasant surprise. We set the timer so it would run while we were sleeping. It took two or three nights for it to accurately learn the layout of our home but since then it has been smooth sailing. I wake up to start my day and the floors are spotless. Let me tell you, it feels great to wake up to a clean house every day. So not only it is effectively cleaning my floors every day. But it is also helping me start each day feeling relaxed and happy. The price tag is a little steep at $350 (Costco Canada) but the pay off is well worth the investment!
We did have one small problem with a tire getting stuck. But the Roomba announces an error message clearly identifying the problem and Roomba customer service was great to help us rectify the problem.
Very satisfied with this product!
A bit in the expensive side but oh so worth it!! Especially if your dad gets it for you for your birthday!! I have two cats and this little guy picks up all the hair and bits they leave behind. I love love love my roomba
We just got the Roomba and we love it. Although it is really pricey I really feel that it's worth the investment. The iRobot cleans our whole apartment in an hour. It moves without problems from carpets to hardwood to tile, and passes by sliding door frame easily. Overall great purchase!
I got this hoping it would help with the stray cat hair that you just can't seem to get with a broom. Its amazing I have it scheduled to come one at a certain time every day. usually right after I have swept the floor. and I am amazed by what the iRobot picks up that I missed. and it gets under those pesky base board heaters that are so close to the floor with its little sweeper. The best part is once the battery gets low it automatically takes its self back to the dock to recharge.
If you have not tried the Roomba yet, you really don't know what you're missing!
The concept is pretty simple: it zips around and vacuums your floor, then docks itself to recharge when it's finished. It can be programmed to clean every day at a certain time. There are several settings, including a spot cleaner that's really handy if you've swept some dirt into a pile or only want a small area cleaned. My unit also comes with a remote control if you want to manually direct its path.
It's kind of mesmerizing to watch, and my kids think it's hilarious when it "chases" the cat. The cat is less impressed.
- This really is as simple as pushing a button and walking away. So easy to start when you leave the house in the morning!
- The disposal compartment easily clicks off the machine and you dump the gunk into your trash. No bags to buy or fuss with.
- My model (the 770) has 2 HEPA filters which minimizes dust and other particulates being recirculated into the air.
- The Roomba can handle most floor surfaces including tile, vinyl, hardwoods, and carpet. If you have a really long shag, it can slow the machine down and use up more battery life, but it still gets the job done.
- it fits under most furniture depending on your pieces. Our bed frames and sofas are all a couple of inches off the ground so it can scoot under there easily. No more dust bunnies!!!
- when it's finished, it sings a little tune to let you know the cycle is complete. It sings a different song for a full trash compartment or if it gets stuck under something or clogged.
- the brushes easily pop off the unit to be cleaned. It comes with a special tool to pull long hair off the spindle. In comparison, I have to use a screwdriver to open my regular vacuum head in order to clean off the spindle.
- It does not vacuum as thoroughly as a proper vacuum cleaner (just can't have the suction that a more powerful upright or canister unit will have with a larger motor).
- It's not as smart as the commercials imply. I have seen it repeatedly vacuum the same spot over and over again while continuously missing another spot. However, if you let it do a cycle every day, it keeps your floor much cleaner than you probably do with a once-a-week regular vacuum. It will eventually get to that uncleaned spot.
- it will fall down the stairs if you don't use the Virtual Wall to block it. The Virtual Walls only have a range of maybe 8 feet, so if you have a large area you need to block off, you might need to put up a physical barrier as well. For this reason, I usually only have it do one or several rooms at a time. Obviously, it can't do the entire house in one session.
For the price you pay, you can probably buy a decent standard vacuum instead (depending on the Roomba model - mine was one of the best ones). I would not replace my proper vacuum with the Roomba. However, the convenience factor really does make my weekly household chores so much easier. I was also fortunate to have credit card points I needed to cash in, so I got mine for free!
Definitely a good gift idea for "someone who has everything"! I have had mine for about 2 years and it runs nearly every day. No issues yet, and I'd most likely buy it again if it ever broke on me.
Let's face it--cleaning can be a total drag sometimes, especially if you have pets in the house (I have 2 cats). I usually do a thorough cleaning of the house bi-weekly but the iRobot Roomba is the perfect solution for quick tidy ups if you're having guests over or just need to feel like the house needs a quick clean sweep. With a simple click of a button, the iRobot Roomba embarks on a calculated trail across your floor, ensuring that it covers all territory. It's a bit of an investment but a worthy one for those who may not have the time to bust out a vacuum or broom everyday. Not to mention, they just introduced a new product called the "Scooba" which SCRUBS your floor for you. In other words, kiss your cleaning lady goodbye (bless her heart) and say hello to your forever polished home!
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.