iRobot Roomba Reviews

Ranked #247 out of 343 in Household Cleaning Products

Roomba 800 Series robots use the revolutionary AeroForce Performance Cleaning System to clean floors like no vacuum has ever cleaned before.

Proven to remove up to 50% more dirt, dust, hair and debris than previous Roomba models, Roomba 800 Series delivers maximum cleaning performance with less maintenance hassle.

November 23, 2016

This is really good for maintaining a clean floor - it doesnt do the entire job for you, but will help to maintain after you've swept, and mopped.

I dont think its an essential that everyone needs to have in their homes as it is quite expensive!

November 23, 2016

This item should be a common household item for any house with kids or pets! You can set it on a schedule or for whenever you want it to give a quick clean!

September 08, 2016

If there's one thing I hate doing it's chores that have no end. So in my opinion the Roomba is one of the greatest inventions out there. I was hesitant to buy because they are pricey for a vacuum but now that I have it, I could never go back! The time savings make it worth every penny! And with a large shedding dog, it's great to be able to run it daily. I live in an apartment so it has no problem handling my space, although a regular house would probably require one of the larger size models. It is a bit loud so I usually put it on while I'm doing other chores or right as I'm leaving the house but I wouldn't sit down and try to watch tv with it running.

April 01, 2016

Definitely a situation where I didn't know how much I needed something until I got it. I have the new model Roomba - and I call her 'the maid'. I have hardwood and area rugs - and I also have 3 cats. I have always vacuumed 1x a week - right now 'the maid' is cleaning the floors every second day - and I can't believe how much she picks up! I love how the unit avoids the basement stairs, is really smart and comes with 2 laser units to block it from going into a space or area, can transition from one area to another seamlessly, has enough charge to clean the whole 1200sq foot space and go under most low furniture, is easy to empty out the dirt, is sturdy, easy to program, returns to the docking station every time, and is really easy to use in every way - even when the spinning brush stopped spinning (long hairs tangled up over time) I just needed a coin and 2 minutes to fix it. The only concern will be the cost of replacing the little filters is the dirt compartment - but I'll vac those to get more use out of them. I think it pays for itself in the easy, stress-free, clean it gives

Updated On: April 03, 2016

It's the new Roomba 980 - so it auto-adjusts floor types and avoids stairs

July 23, 2015

We have a small, two room loft (bathroom + everything else) with laminate flooring and a big rug. This roomba is like a maid! It can be programmed to clean the whole place while you are at work, and will find its way back to the docking station. If it gets trapped (ours likes to shut itself in the bathroom if we forget to leave the door open), it beeps and gives up. Highly recommend. Keeps the floors totally clean except for the very corners with regular use!

April 24, 2015

I love my Roomba - I even named him, I know it's a little weird. It is one of the single best things I have ever purchased! I picked up the better model which you can set the program for the time you'd like it do to the cleaning, typically I set this little guy when I am not home since he is a bit noisy and then when I come home... ta-da floors are relatively clean. Dust and dog hair is a constant battle in my house, I simply don't have the time to vacuum everyday and I won't allow my house to become a war-zone of dog hair and dust. This little guy helps keep the house clean and mommy happy! What more can a girl ask for!
Downside - price, I think the model I purchased was a bit over $600 but after almost daily use for about two years without doing much maintenance to it, I am happy to say that the investment has more than paid itself off. Would definitely re-purchase again if necessary

November 23, 2014

My husband surprised me when he came home with this product. I had seen it on the store shelves and read about it. But with two kids leaving their toys around and two dogs shedding their hair I wasn't certain it would be effective. Well let me tell you I was in for a pleasant surprise. We set the timer so it would run while we were sleeping. It took two or three nights for it to accurately learn the layout of our home but since then it has been smooth sailing. I wake up to start my day and the floors are spotless. Let me tell you, it feels great to wake up to a clean house every day. So not only it is effectively cleaning my floors every day. But it is also helping me start each day feeling relaxed and happy. The price tag is a little steep at $350 (Costco Canada) but the pay off is well worth the investment!

We did have one small problem with a tire getting stuck. But the Roomba announces an error message clearly identifying the problem and Roomba customer service was great to help us rectify the problem.

Very satisfied with this product!

September 12, 2014

A bit in the expensive side but oh so worth it!! Especially if your dad gets it for you for your birthday!! I have two cats and this little guy picks up all the hair and bits they leave behind. I love love love my roomba

September 04, 2014

We just got the Roomba and we love it. Although it is really pricey I really feel that it's worth the investment. The iRobot cleans our whole apartment in an hour. It moves without problems from carpets to hardwood to tile, and passes by sliding door frame easily. Overall great purchase!

June 15, 2014

I got this hoping it would help with the stray cat hair that you just can't seem to get with a broom. Its amazing I have it scheduled to come one at a certain time every day. usually right after I have swept the floor. and I am amazed by what the iRobot picks up that I missed. and it gets under those pesky base board heaters that are so close to the floor with its little sweeper. The best part is once the battery gets low it automatically takes its self back to the dock to recharge.