iThird Motion Sensor Light

iThird Motion Sensor Light Reviews

1 review
Ranked #44 out of 75 in Lighting & Fans

August 08, 2016

This motion detector LED light is great for lighting up spots where design and décor matching are not a requirement – such as your garage, basement storage room, or closets. It is actually pretty effective at detecting the door opening in the garage – we attached it to the garage wall near the recycle bins, and it was so useful, as I did not have to fumble to turn the garage light on, as the sensor sensed my presence and gave me enough light to put the recycling into its bin.

The light brightness is bright enough without being blinding to the naked eye.

The light itself is pretty small and fits in the palm of my hand – I also would not recommend dropping it, as the plastic is likely to shatter if that happens – it is okay quality, but definitely should not be thrown like a ball or dropped from a high distance to the ground.

It is battery operated, so make sure you have 3 AAA batteries available for its arrival (I forgot about this part, so had to wait a few days before it illuminated our Garage). Once the batteries are in, however, you will likely not have to replace the batteries again due to its long lifespan! The lack of instructions in the box left me playing around with it for a few minutes before I realized the light came out of the socket base and I was then able to install the batteries.

The unit itself is interesting, as you can take the light out of the socket holder – the light is a round shape, and serves as a handy flashlight if you are in a bind! We used it last week camping to test out its effectiveness, and at one point we could not find our flashlights…so I literally held the light like a Pokemon beacon to find my way to the bathroom! For this to work, I just changed the mode from “automatic” to the “on” setting.

For usefulness and effectiveness, it definitely gets two thumbs up.

*** I received this product at a reduced or no cost for my fair and fabulous review ***

slk86 has posted in the forum topic