john freeda visiby brighter Reviews

Ranked #300 out of 935 in Shampoo

November 15, 2016

I love this shampoo! I got this as one of those small free samples and with my medium length hair, I didn't think that it would be enough to assess its effect. But it foamed quite a bit, softened my hair, smelled great and definitely lightened my hair by 2-3 shades within about 2 washes. I'd definitely buy this, but when it's on sale - retail is a little bit higher than my average, but worth I guess.

October 27, 2016

Got the trio- shampoo, conditioner & treatment in a beauty pack, so it was a great deal cost wise.

I was reluctant to try the full lighting treatment at once, so only used half my first application. I applied it in streaks, then followed with shampoo & conditioner. I was happy with the subtle streak effect and applied the other half the same way my next shampoo. Again was happy with the results.

Here is where I was not happy, with the shampoo & conditioner. I frequently use John Frieda products and really like them. This duo however both smell like a men's product and is off putting. Also the finish makes my hair feel stringy and dry. I tried using them after switch back to my other system, but still get the same finish. Disappointing.

Bottom line: I would use the treatment again, but not the shampoo and conditioner.

1.5/5

July 03, 2016

I tried this out. The smell, texture and colour reminded me of baby poop. While it did brighten my brown a bit ( not sure if it was the shampoo or the day in the sun), I couldn't get past the smell of it.