John Frieda Collection Sheer Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner Reviews

Ranked #592 out of 937 in Shampoo

Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo and conditioner gradually lightens blonde hair for a year-round sun-kissed look. The formula, containing a natural Lightening Complex, gently reduces the colour pigments in the hair.

August 19, 2013

I love this shampoo and conditioner. It does exactly as it says. It lightens....gently! It also makes my hair feel soft and silky! It is a bit more expensive, but definitely worth the price.

May 06, 2012

I love this collection! It can be purchase from your local grocery store for an average price. I normally only used salon shampoo and conditioner and for some reason I also picked this up and had it in my shower I was using bed head dumb blonde as I had used it previously and really liked it however the bottle looked different so it mustn't have been the same as it left my hair feeling terrible so the next time I showered I grabbed this shampoo and conditioner and I was beyond impressed with it that instead of going to the salon to get my shampoo I continued with this. I don't really notice a big difference with it helping take the brassiness out of my hair but I generally use a purple shampoo once a week for that purpose.

August 31, 2011

I have used this line on and off for about a year now and am very impressed with the results! It promises to gradually lighten natural or dyed blonde hair and remove any brassiness. It does deliver. Don't expect shocking, immediate results though.
I have naturally light blonde hair (never coloured or done anything to it) that is very fine and can be kind of dry. I had to use the shampoo and conditioner a few times before I noticed anything. But after about 3 washes I noticed that my hair seemed shinier and did look a bit lighter. I can definitely tell in pictures that my hair was lighter (after looking back at my hair before I started using the product) and see a difference. I really would recommend this line of products as it does do what it promises.
I'm not sure how this would work on brown or black or red hair. However I do know of someone with brown hair who used this and she did notice a change, it seemed to really bring out some of the blonder undertones to her hair (making her natural highlights stand out more)
If you do intend to buy this product I would be cautious. The first time you use it don't put too much on and then really inspect your scalp afterwards. Some people with sensitive scalps have gotten really bad skin irritation on their neck and scalp from this shampoo. So if you have sensitive skin I would be wary of that; It does contain chamomile and citrus which can be irritants for some people. I've also heard that it can make some people lose their hair! Because I have such fine hair already I was so cautious with using this. I only used it a few times a week because I was scared my hair would start falling out from it.

Overall I had a great experience with this shampoo and conditioner and will definitely rebuy again! :) I recommend you try it out to see if you can handle it because the results are really worth it in the end if your body doesn't have an adverse reaction to the shampoo.

August 15, 2010

I'm usually skeptical about shampoos/conditioners that claim to enhance the colour of your hair but I received a sample of the Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner a few weeks ago so I gave them a try. To my surprise people have asked what I did to my hair because it looks blonder.

The price is still a little higher than I like to pay for hair care products but if I can find it on sale I'll definitely pick it up again.

March 02, 2010

This shampoo and conditioner combination may be a bit on the expensive side, but if you need your hair to be strengthened, it works! It gives your hair a shine and you can feel it get stronger with each use!

February 22, 2010

I love that the shampoo and conditioner actually work! My hair is super thick and long and Brilliant Brunette keeps it looking shiny and healthy. I find it helps to retain my hair colour as well. The conditioner is very moisturizing and you only have to use a small amount of it to cover your whole head!

August 31, 2009

Great shampoo for blondes that doesn't weight your hair down. This is my daily shampoo.

August 06, 2009

This definitely brought out my colour more and it gave it extra shine to make it look gorgeous. The price was ok but you know, if you want great hair, you have to pay a little more.

July 10, 2009

After my big disappointment with the last colour-enhancing shampoo I purchased I was definitely on the lookout for something much better. I was hesitant at first because I wasn't willing to spend too much on a conditioner that wasn't purchased at the salon. I was pleasantly surprised!! This conditioner made my hair feel so silky. After a few dye jobs to get my hair perfectly blonde for summer I wanted to make sure it lasted a long time for all the money I spent. My hair doesn't feel dry or breakable making it look natural and smooth when I flat-iron or curl it. It's exactly what I was looking for.

February 25, 2009

I love this conditioner. It is the only one that I have used lately that lives up to my standards. My hair feels and looks fabulous after using it. My daughters also have very long hair and this works wonderful on theirs as well!