John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Style Start Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #676 out of 1002 in Shampoo

Developed for wavy, curly, frizz-prone hair, this Curl-Perfecting Shampoo nourishes and brings life to your natural curl pattern for gorgeous, shiny spirals. Formulates with targeted moisturisers, frizz-fighting silicone and curl-defining complex to smooth the hair cuticle and keep curls glistening and frizz-resistant. Safe for colour-treated hair. More information at johnfrieda.ca

February 07, 2017

I've tried several frizz-ease products in the past and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't seem to agree with my hair type (Drier ends and prone to oil at the roots), so I was happy that this one worked well with my hair!

Even though my hair is short at the moment, being naturally wavy, I do deal with a lot of frizz and often shampoos meant for straight hair can make that a real problem. With this shampoo, I didn't find my hair got greasy faster and definitely noticed less frizz than usual.

(Note: I used this with the matching conditioner).

Smell wise it has a perfumed sweet scent that might be overwhelming if you don't like it, but I found it generic and pleasant, so most shouldn't have any problems with it. I would definitely use this again!

SUMMARY
    ********************************************
    Pros
    + Good lather.
    + Smells pleasant and sweet.
    + Left hair noticeably less frizzy.
    + Didn't increase oiliness of my hair.

Cons
    - Smell is quite strong.

January 30, 2017

I have very dry, wavy hair and I like a shampoo that doesn't make my hair tangled in the shower. After shampooing with this my hair felt silky and soft and not at all stripped of moisture. I usually comb out my knots with conditioner and there weren't any to detangle! I like that the scent is super subtle and the squeeze tubes are easy to use when wet. This is a great first step in controlling frizz and tangles!

I received this product for free to test and review but my opinion is my own.

January 29, 2017

I used the whole system (shampoo+conditioner+styling spray) and I must say it works super well. My curls are tighter than usual and are well defined. After just the shampoo, my hair were feeling really soft. I really enjoyed that product.

June 23, 2015

JOHN FRIEDA FRIZZ EASE DREAM CURLS SHAMPOO;

I always do respect the products Frizz Ease comes out with.
    Majority of the time they have worked.

However this shampoo did nothing special of that sort.
    I found no added hydration that I would have noticed different from other shampoos.
    My hair actually felt more flat, less body, volume, definition.

I found my hair was not even reduced in frizz, like other John Frieda products.

I also found the shampoo too thick and would not dispense properly throughout the hair.

I did not like the small of the shampoo or the texture.

Nothing special with this product.
    Definitely did not find it designed for curls either.

This shampoo simply did not live up to the John Frieda brand.

June 13, 2015

The price is high but the quality is great! This stuff works so good on my wavy/curly hair. It leaves my hair perfectly curlied and doesnt dry it out and cause frizz

June 11, 2015

I have used John Frieda Frizz Ease shampoos a few times when I wanted to let my natural curly hair show instead of flat ironing it. It does cost so much, but a small amount is all that's needed.

June 10, 2015

This is one of the brand that does not dry out my hair and makes my hair manageable. It effectively control my frizzy hairs. The oil elixir is something that I always keep in my hardback and just 2 drops are enough to give you nice shine!

June 10, 2015

This product worked wonders with my hair and left it looking hydrated and feeling soft. There were no more frizz from using the heating products. Gave my hair an extra boost of life.

April 23, 2015

I was given the opportunity to test this shampoo from SampleSource.com and I am so happy that I was able to. Its a very creamy, rich shampoo and smells wonderful. It got my hair clean without leaving it feeling stripped. and I only had to do one shampoo vs two with my usual one. I think i found my new shampoo :))

July 10, 2014

I tried the shampoo, conditional and styling cream for curly hair and I really loved it! My hair can get crazy, especially in humid weather and these products really tamed it down! I found the styling product was super light weight and didn't leave any weird residue like some other products can. Highly recommended!