John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #624 out of 937 in Shampoo

The formula, containing Color-Correcting Technology, neutralizes brassy and yellow tones. The formula, containing Optical Brightening Technology, absorbs UV light and emits white-blue light, making color-treated hair appear brighter and salon-fresh. Results are noticeable after just 3 uses. For all shades of color-treated or highlighted blonde hair

March 30, 2015

I purchased both the shampoo and the condition but I will leave this review solely for the shampoo. The John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo was an alright purchase for me. The fragrance of the shampoo is really nice. I have previously used the Joico purple shampoo and I find that this purple shampoo doesn't have the vibrant intense purple that the Joico one had. Also, this product has sulphates in it which is not good for coloured hair. Shame on me for not looking at the ingredients.

If you are a natural blonde, this would probably be a good shampoo for you but if you have coloured hair, it is quite drying.

September 09, 2014

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo is a great product. The scent is delicious, with hints of lavender. It leaves hair is soft and manageable. A shampoo that tones down brassiness in natural blonde or color treated hair.

August 11, 2014

Love this product. Made my blonde highlighted hair so nice looking and refreshed. Initially had a sample pack mailed to me! Great marketing on their part as they gained a new consumer!

June 03, 2014

This shampoo really does what it says it does. I recently went from dark brunette (my natural color) to a blonde ombre. Naturally, my hair turned shades of yellow and orange due to brassiness. My mom received a sample of this shampoo and gave it to me to try, and the results were dramatic. Even though this shampoo line is a little on the expensive side, I bought it anyway because it really did work for me. The reddish tones and yellow tones in my hair are almost completely gone and I'm not even half way through the bottle. Definitely recommend this product and will continue to buy it myself! Tip: Buy the conditioner as well, it's worth the money!

May 28, 2014

I dont like brassy or dull hair and this product takes care of that. I have fine hair so build up is a concern and usually means that I cant use many products. This does not build up in my hair which makes this a keeper.

May 21, 2014

This shampoo is fine - I have platinum hair, and my colour stays white-blonde for a few weeks, but it always eventually turns a bit brassy (even with repeated and continued use of this shampoo, conditioner and other related products). I still use it because why not? White-blonde is better than brassy blonde right off the bat. But I'd be willing to suggest friends look for any product along the same lines, no need to stick with this brand.

June 27, 2012

This shampoo protects my colour treated hair. It is a tone corrector and my colour lasts for 6 weeks.

November 19, 2011

This shampoo neutralizes brassy and yellow tones in blonde hair,I noticed results after 2 uses and was very pleased.John Frieda's products always smell so good this particular shampoo has lavender infused through it.As I dye my hair blonde it just gets so dull looking and fades way to quick and this product helps to brighten my hair color and keep it fresh looking.It also keeps my hair healthy and very soft.I highly recommend this product its money well spent!

April 22, 2011

My blonde colour was going brassy - as it always does - and I read about these "purple" shampoos that you can buy to reduce the brassiness. I decided to try the John Frieda one, mainly because it was the least expensive. But it has been worth every penny! After about 3 uses (washing every other day, and alternating with my regular shampoo), my hair has returned to a lovely shade of blonde without the brassiness. This is definitely going to extend the life of my colour. I am very pleased with it!

January 16, 2011

I first bought this John Freida Sheer Blonde Colour Renew shampoo because I was looking for a product to eliminate the brassiness that develops into my blonde hair after multiple washings with some shampoos. I used to use a more expensive salon version of this shampoo, and I found that the less expensive John Freida shampoo was very similar. This shampoo is a vibrant purple colour, which is supposed to cut out the brass in the hair and brighten the look of blonde hair. It smells great. It's very nourishing to my hair, and the bottle is easy to open and close in the shower, which is always something I look for. At $13 or $14 a bottle, it is significantly less expensive than other shampoos meant to do the same thing. I would recommend this shampoo to any colour-treated blonde who is looking to extend the life of their out-of-the-box or salon hair dye. There is also a conditioner of the same line which helps with the same thing. Overall, great product, and lasts a long time.