John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray Reviews

Ranked #17 out of 258 in Hair Colour

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray works with blow dryer heat to gradually lighten and brighten for a natural-looking, blonder colour. Enriched with citrus and chamomile, this lightening spray visibly lightens in 3-5 uses. Visit Johnfrieda.com for more information.

September 16, 2016

The best gradual controlled Lightening I've tried yet. Color is gradual and natural. You don't need to use a lot and have found results are improved when used with heat styling and out in the sun. I get compliments all the time on the natural color and how shiny my hair is and people are amazed when I tell them it's just a spray I use now and then. Definitely recommend.

June 08, 2016

I usually do not buy hair products that are over the $4 mark - unless it is hair color. However, I had a coupon, it was on sale, etc., I decided to buy the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray. It was a bit pricey - $10.99. After I wash my hair and towel dry, I spray this mainly on my bangs and around my face. I do not use it all over my hair. Just the roots and any spot that looks a bit dark.

December 16, 2015

If you looking to lightening your hair with a product that works, I recommend trying this one! It gradually lightens your hair over time with evenly distribution.

December 04, 2015

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray;

I recommend this product by John Frieda to all blondes!

The results are gradual, subtle, and beautiful!
No need to worry your hair will turn BLEACH BLONDE instantly, it is very gradual, you have control.
If you find it is getting too light, then don't use the spray.

Easy to use, even the smell isn't as bad as other hair coloring products.

Do be careful not to spray on clothes or other materials as it may stain, lighten, spot.

Good price, bottle lasts a while.
Because you are doing it gradual only buy even a small pack, you can always go back for more.

The color of blonde is natural too because your hair is SLOWLY lightening and you have total control when to stop

December 04, 2015

I liked this product it gradually lightens your hair without giving you a drastic change and you control how much lighter you want your hair.

June 04, 2015

I bought this product on clearance before the Canadian target stores were closing - I wish that I had stocked up!! !The orginal price tag on this 105 mL bottle was $10.99. There are warnings on the bottle to be aware of if you have any skin sensitives to hydrogen peroxide (The lightening ingredient)..

My hair is a dirty blond, and I get highlights/lowlights every few months. I was actually amazed by how quickly I noticed my hair lightening.I'd say even my roots were visibly lighter after only two uses.

Definitely something that I will continue to use in between salon visits. I haven't noticed it drying out/destroying my hair... but due to the possibility of damage I have been making sure to use leave in treatments/conditioning more frequently.

May 16, 2015

I dye my hair blonde, and I enjoy using this product on my blonde hair to lighten it , and the colour is not brassy and it gives you a long lasting lighter blonde. However, I tried to use it on my dark roots that were growing in and I do not recommend, it makes naturally brown hair brassy.

March 15, 2015

I have used the Go Blonder lightening spray for about 5 years now and love it. I have strawberry blonde hair and find this spray just intensifies the blonde highlights that I naturally have. I spray it into my towel dried hair about every 2 weeks, however in the winter months may use it a little more frequently to get that sun kissed look. It provides very natural looking lightness to already blonde hair, yet it is powerful enough that you really notice a difference. Well worth the money as it lasts a long time and if you can purchase it on sale, even better!

October 22, 2014

Note: DO NOT use this product on hair darker than mine! (see photo) - it will turn orange.

I used the spray around 5 times, over a span of two weeks. I strategically applied the product onto the top layer of my towel-dried hair, concentrating it on the bottom half versus on the roots. I loosely combed through with my hands to evenly distribute the product, then continued with my typical 2 minute blow-dry. The directions state "the more heat you use, the greater the lightening effects". I don't typically use hot tools, but if you were going for an ombré style or more defined highlights, I'm sure some extra heat would help.

The results are exactly what I was looking for - noticeable highlights, without looking fake or overdone. For a drugstore product thats around $10, I couldn't be more pleased.

August 05, 2014

Definitely recommend it to any blondes wanting their hair to be blonder, but don’t want to spend a ridiculous amount of money and who do not want to fry their hair. I always buy this when it goes on sale.