Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil Reviews

Ranked #20 out of 98 in Beauty Oil

October 19, 2016

It is just ok. I love oils and i use them as often as i can. But this is average. It cleans very good, but almost every oil will do it. But Shu Uemura cleansing oil leaves your skin incredibly soft, whether this one unfortunately doesn't.

February 02, 2016

I am an argan oil fan & have been buying pure organic Argan oil from health food stores for years. While away for a weekend I forgot my cleanser and oil at home so had the opportunity to try this out. I really liked the cleansing oil. It smelled great and seeing as my skin gets quite dry ( especially when I travel) I found that the cleansing oil was extremely hydrating. My flaky skin was fixed up in no time before I even got home!

June 16, 2015

I have very dry skin, sometimes combination, and often find that oil cleaners leave my skin feeling quite supple in the dry climate I live in. The Josie Maran Argan Oil smells lovely and applies heavy for the times that I really feel like I need a skin massage to moisturize and make my skin glow. I apply it without water, moisturize it into my skin and let it sit for a moment, and then rinse it off with water. I have heard complaints that this product is very "thick" and it is somewhat true - it is a heavy oil cleanser and I would not use it every day. It also does not always do an amazing job of removing makeup. I use this when my skin is bare, before I get into the shower, to hydrate and make my skin dewy before applying makeup that day or before going to bed.

The worst aspect of this oil is the taste. If you are washing your face and accidentally open your mouth or lick your lips, be prepared for a bitter and unpleasant taste. Oil cleansers are not meant to "taste great" so I would never let this detract me from buying it again, but it certainly can take you by surprise.

June 14, 2015

You can't use this cleansing oil oil on it's own. You are supposed to use it before using a creamy/.foam cleaner. I did a decent job remving some of my make up and dirt, but my other cleaner had to do most of the work still. I didn't find it spread across my face easily.

May 30, 2015

this is expensive for a cleanser ($40) but I went through several samples from Sephora and just recently took the plunge and purchases the full size. It has a delightful citrusy scent and the oil texture really melts away the makeup (and i wear lots!). It doesn't lather when you add water but it becomes sort of a "milky" texture and my skin feel so moisturized after instead of stripped. I do use a separate eye makeup remover on my eyes before but if you don't wear tons of mascara you could probably get away with just this to remove all of your makeup. Since it is so moisturizing I wouldn't hesitate to use it on my eyes (and i do even after removing makeup just to get the last remnants).

May 07, 2015

The idea of using oil to "cleanse" my face scared me at first. I initially received a sample mini of the Argan Cleansing Oil, before purchasing the full sized bottle. You put the cleanser on dry skin, add water to fingertips, and then massage in. It goes on a bit sticky, but once you massage the water in, it feels creamy. I have combo/normal skin with the occasional blemish, and I found this cleanser worked great. I don't use it every time I wash my face, I use it in conjunction with my regular face wash, kind of like you would do with a mask or exfoliation, to give my skin an extra treat. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably use it once a day.

March 27, 2015

My FAVORITE on the market right now is Josie Maran’s Cleansing Oil, found here: Josie Maran Cleansing Oil . I love all of her products because of their key ingredient: Argan Oil. It also contains other oils that are beneficial to the skin, such as grape seed and olive oils that have a high Vitamin E content, perfect for anti-aging and hydration and grapefruit seed oil, which also contributes to its light citrus scent, perfect for morning face washing! The key to cleansing oils is that you are not stripping your face of your natural oils, so it is great for all skin types. Yes even oily skin types, like me, can benefit from cleansing oils. By washing your face with the oil, you are sealing in all the moisture, thus not forcing your skin’s oil glands to produce an excess amount of oil, makes sense right?You will not, and I mean not, experience the suds and bubbles you get with your traditional face wash, so it will take time to get used to, you may get a slight milky emulsification, but trust that after your first use you will be hooked! When looking for a facial oil that’s right for you try to find one that has as little additives as possible, like Josie Maran’s, which only has 2 chemical additives for preservation because most oils used have a short shelf life. Be sure that you don’t have nut allergies as often companies will use nut oils as their main oil ingredient, so read the labels!

March 08, 2015

I like her brand of argan oil. I order it through QVC. It's a tad pricey, but does leave your skin very hydrated.Just make sure you rub it in til it turns a white shade. That's when it really starts working!

December 08, 2014

This product has a nice scent to it. Makes skin nice and soft and turns creamy once you start to smooth it on your face.

October 23, 2014

This is a wonderful cleansing oil. I was a skeptic to use oil to clean off my makeup, but it does an amazing job. It removes everything without stripping my face of all its natural moisture.

Christmas Ranch

Angel of Christmas

AdventureArtie added a new review for
Dyson Hair Dryer

AdventureArtie earned the Beauty Guru badge

ElaineDraws has posted in the forum topic
ChiackAdvisor app?????

Sandramiron added a new review for
Vichy Ideal Body Milk