Good

Kaleidoscope (Seeing Gods Wit and Wisdom in a Whole New Light) by Patsy Clairmont Reviews

1 review
Ranked #809 out of 960 in Books

Publisher's description:
Understanding the Christian life and the Bible can be a daunting task. But maybe God didn''t mean it to be so hard. In Kaleidoscope of Proverbs, Patsy Clairmont pieces together some powerful messages from God and reveals new facets of beauty, inspiration, and instruction. Written for busy women, Patsy offers brief, powerful chapters that address the key aspects of their lives, hearts, and relationships.

March 03, 2010

Kaleidoscope (Seeing Gods Wit and Wisdom in a Whole New Light) by Patsy Clairmont -
When I picked this book up, I couldn’t put it down. The 33 short chapters were so quick and easy to read. I love the way Patsy begins the book by comparing Psalms to the multicolor scenes of a kaleidoscope. With every turn you can find new and beautiful meanings, that in some way or another can relate to everyone, at some point or another in their life time.
She starts off each chapter with a personal story that she relates to a selected psalm scripture. Patsy uses humor and down to earth language that makes this book a pleasure to read. She puts together the words so beautifully it is like a elegant dance on the pages. Then at the end of each chapter she gets you as a reader involved by asking you “bits and pieces” questions that pertain to the thoughts and ideas of the chapter just read. I loved this aspect because it really gets you thinking about how relevant this is in your life. Fittingly at the very end of the chapter she shares Bible scripture readings that have a common thread with the chapter just read. Patsy entitles these as “held to the light” I thought that this was particularly appropriate because I see the scriptures as shedding light for me on this mysterious and wonderfully existence.
This book is a very good read that I recommend to everyone, young and old alike. You will not be disappointed!
I received this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Forever 21 Active Wear

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Crest Whitestrips

Whosthat20 added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Winslow has posted in the forum topic
Foundation