Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer Reviews

Ranked #70 out of 389 in Concealer

September 27, 2016

I was in an accident in 2010 and ended up with a fairly sizeable, vertical scar on my right cheek, and another tiny one just under the eye. I went into my local Sephora and asked an associate there to help me find something that would cover it up sufficiently, and this is what she used.

Although this is meant to be a tattoo concealer, this is a product which you can use on any area that requires quite full coverage. I have extremely fair skin, and the lightest shade Porcelain was a beautiful match for my skin tone. It's always nice when a cosmetic line goes out of there way to cater to each end of the shade spectrum, and Kat Von D certainly always does just that.

The product comes in a squeeze tube, and because a little goes a long way, a single tube can last for a very long time. I had mine until just this past year. It still contained plenty of product, but the consistency of it quite suddenly decided to become very liquidy, and it no longer performed the way I needed it to, as it's usually quite thick.

This covered my scar well, even when it was still in the process of healing and was quite red. It wouldn't cover it 100% -- I would be lying if I said that it did -- but it helped me a lot to regain my confidence in the few years following my injury. It's also very good for covering any pimples you may have on your face because it covers redness so well.

That said, this is a terrible under eye concealer. It looks dry and it creases like a mofo. I would absolutely never recommend it for that purpose. However, if you're like me and you have something on the skin that needs camouflaging, this does a very good job.

September 26, 2016

Fantastic coverage without looking caked on. Long lasting regardless of weather conditions, and fine for sensitive skin. Pricier than drugstore brands but lasted me 5 weeks minimum and would have lasted longer if i was more conscientious of waste. Not sure if it would actually cover a tattoo, coverage was medium build able but I used with foundations and loved the results

July 02, 2016

After trying COUNTLESS drugstore concealers and never being satisfied I realized I needed a high end one to truly cover my stubborn spots and pimples. I first got a sample of this from Sephora and then later purchased the full size after falling in love with it! It's very pigmented, easily blended, long wearing and covers anything and everything! Set it with a powder and you can hardly tell you ever had a blemish at all. Would highly recommend!

April 23, 2016

I bought the foundation and absolutely loved it, but I was a little skeptical about the concealer because the reviews online are so mixed and people either love it or hate it. I decided to buy it anyways because of how much I love the foundation. I'm so glad I tried it, I absolutely love it as well. Matches my skin tone perfectly and covers up any problem areas so easily!

March 14, 2016

this really offers great coverage, I love the texture. It is very easy to wo!rk with it ! Compared to many other brands this is really unexpensive. colors are abit limited although

February 01, 2016

This is quite a good concealer, however it is quite pricey. All her products are great qualiy

February 01, 2016

Nice medium to high coverage concealer nicely buildable and blendable for a more natural finish if you want to and hide everything if you want too, realy Nice correct blemish, redness and discoloration

January 13, 2016

I purchased this along with the Lock It Foundation to conceal a tattoo and it works very well. Looks natural, not cakey.

July 01, 2015

I know this is pricey however, I have so many concealers from cheap to more expensive than this one, and this is the one I use every day. Ive repurchased it as well which I hardly ever do. I usually find something better before finishing a product or a cheaper alternative however not for this product. I also use very little of each makeup product I own so items last me a long time however, I use this so much and it is always the first concealer I grab for small and large imperfections and it does the job. The staying power is amazing! EVEN ON MY CRAZY OILY SKIN, regardless winter or summer.

May 27, 2015

Jai acheter ce produit apres que ma fille me la suggerer, et ses fantastique! Je trouve que sa cache beaucoup et sa dure beaucoup longtemp, le prix est un peu cher mais sa vaut la peine!