Katy Perry Purr Perfume

Katy Perry Purr Perfume Reviews

Ranked #870 out of 1216 in Perfume

September 09, 2016

I have the first three perfume's Katy has come out with but her first one "Purr" is still my absolute favourite! I don't really know how to describe the scent other than it is purrrfect! And it is in such a cute bottle too- how could you not love it?!

April 21, 2016

I am a sucker for gimmicky perfume bottle shapes. I love when the bottles themselves are collectible so this one is right up my alley. I wanted it just b/c it was a giant purple cat with rhinestone eyes and a collar, it looks so nice sitting on my dresser. And the head turns easily. The downside to the bottle design is that it's very top heavy. I have knocked this cat over (unlike other bottles) over a dozen times, and it's a big bottle so it has damaged things it's landed on and the purple finish has scratched off in a few areas (no! not my collectible bottle!). The scent itself is feminine and summery, a blend of fruity and floral where I can't quite put my finger on it. It's nice enough (not too sugary) to wear everyday and to work, and nice enough to say I didn't buy it just for the bottle.

March 26, 2014

This fragrance to my nose, is a blend of rich, boozy fruits, sugared lollipops and vanilla infused musk. The peach and apple accords are what drives the scent initially, arriving with such force that one could accidently mistake it for the scent of a jam factory.

Tropical in a sense, but not all that unique I'm afraid. Purr is yet another celebrity endorsed fruity floral that leaves me happy but not necessarily impressed.

The bottle design scares me to be honest. I love cats, they're adorable creatures, yet this strange, robotic purple figurine unnerves me, especially with it's flashing diamante eyes. It looks like Katy Perry has been trying to pick up on the Harajuku Lovers trend.

Once the scent begins to develop, the drydown seems like a mish-mash of notes all colliding together with no real intention. I get subtle hints of syrupy vanilla here and there, but it never seems to soften the fruity blow. The rose and orchid notes only make this fragrance more tart.

The longevity is not bad, nor is the sillage. I think all in all, it's not a bad fragrance. It's certainly something that will sell well and it's not a bad first-time try for Katy Perry and her brand.

November 08, 2011

This perfume was okay the scent smells like something I have smelled before; a very common scent to me. I feel that it doesn't really last all day but the only good thing was I got it for about $30 because I had purchased it from Winners. The bottle was definitely cute and I like that it's unique because I haven't really seen a bottle like this.

September 04, 2011

In a nut shell, its basically a very girly smell, even so, it is very strong and has a uniqueness to it.

I have sampled this perfume a few times, but to me I wouldn't go out and spend all that money for it. (Even though the price is decent, I like to stay frugal)

The packaging is adorable, and is very different compared to other bottles!

I am undecided about if its worth it to recommend it, but for the young girls, its almost puurfect!