kicking horse coffee Reviews

Ranked #106 out of 252 in Coffee

This cup of attitude mixes both Indonesian and Central American roasts to create a dark, flavorful creation guaranteed to kick some sense into you.

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION
Taste

Price

ljp71
Dec 15, 2014

I love Kicking Horse coffee. I discovered it while I lived in Victoria BC. When I moved back to Ontario I was dismayed to find it wasn't sold here yet. About a year later imagine my surprise when I see it in my local grocery store! I love Kick Ass for those groggy foggy brain mornings, and Sumatra is my go to and entertaining coffee. I have turned many of my friends here onto Kicking Horse and they all love it too.

Taste

Price

lindsaybarber
Oct 24, 2014

THe price is higher, but its worth it. I buy the whole bean and grind it at home for use in a perk.

Deadly coffee!

Taste

Price

CgyMomof2
Sep 12, 2014

My husband and I discovered Kicking Horse Jumbo Wild while at a restaurant in Banff and rarely use any other coffee besides kicking horse.
Our usually blends other than Jumbo Wild (which you have to order directly from Kicking Horse) are Three Sisters and Decaf. I have also used the Cliffhanger Espresso.
All of these coffees have been great.
They also have lots of teas of which I have a few in my cupboard. :)

Taste

Price

Jewelbrownblack
May 27, 2014

Kicking Horse Coffee - Kootenay Crossing Light for 454 grams at $16.99 is worth every penny. This coffee is very smooth and has a light distinct taste of a light roast with a sweet, chocolaty flavour. It does not leave an after taste like some coffees. Another coffee named Kickass is also a good choice if you like a stronger coffee and is great as a latte. In order to keep this coffee fresh store it at room temperature, sealed in an airtight container (not plastic containers). Once you open the coffee, expect to use your coffee within a week or two.

Taste

Price

akemikn
Nov 04, 2013

Fairtrade, organic, locally made coffee! I love this coffee and recommend it to anyone who enjoys a smooth and rich tasting coffee. Kick Ass is my fave since I prefer a dark/med blend, but I also enjoy Three Sisters and Half Ass (decaf, haha) too. Funky names and consistently well roasted, this is my fave organic coffee.

Taste

Price

tr1tz
Sep 12, 2013

Some things are worth paying a little bit more. Some people indulge in buying a cup of expensive coffee but I buy the whole bag - and enjoy it every morning. I even add it to the Christmas baskets I give away every year. I buy multiple bags when I find it on sale at my local grocery stores, so it's closer in price to my previous (and definitely inferior) brand of coffee. To start your day rocking, try Grizzly Claw!

Taste

Price

Tansy
Aug 27, 2013

Complete convert! Grew up with Nabob but love Kicking Horse. Grizzly Claw is favourite. Have tried many including decaf. Do wait to find it on special though.

Taste

Price

girlyface
Jul 11, 2013

Kicking Horse Coffee is truly wonderful. The beans they use are of high quality. I've tried Three Sisters & Kick Ass, Bugaboo and Cliffhanger (the espresso). It's feels good to support a company that is Canadian, ethical and fair-trade. I even had the privilege of visiting their home cafe (or headquarters or whatever you call it). It's close to Invermere in BC just off the highway. It's a great experience going there. I was able to try Syphon coffee for the first time. It's not a type if coffee, but how the coffee is prepared using a vaccuum process . It was absolutely great. The coffee is outstanding and I haven't ever been disappointed. For those who don't know, most of the coffees are named after mountains (including kick ass). :)

Taste

Price

flangela_lyne
Jul 11, 2013

This is amazing coffee. It's on the pricey side, but I usually stock up on some packages when I spend my points at Shoppers Drug Mart. Throw a bag or two in the freezer for a month or so to keep it fresh.

Taste

Price

JenO72
Jun 05, 2013

This is the only coffee we'll drink! Delicious, and responsible!