kicking horse coffee

kicking horse coffee Reviews

Ranked #109 out of 216 in Coffee

This cup of attitude mixes both Indonesian and Central American roasts to create a dark, flavorful creation guaranteed to kick some sense into you.

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION
Taste

Price

CgyMomof2
Sep 12, 2014

My husband and I discovered Kicking Horse Jumbo Wild while at a restaurant in Banff and rarely use any other coffee besides kicking horse.
Our usually blends other than Jumbo Wild (which you have to order directly from Kicking Horse) are Three Sisters and Decaf. I have also used the Cliffhanger Espresso.
All of these coffees have been great.
They also have lots of teas of which I have a few in my cupboard. :)

Taste

Price

Jewelbrownblack
May 27, 2014

Kicking Horse Coffee - Kootenay Crossing Light for 454 grams at $16.99 is worth every penny. This coffee is very smooth and has a light distinct taste of a light roast with a sweet, chocolaty flavour. It does not leave an after taste like some coffees. Another coffee named Kickass is also a good choice if you like a stronger coffee and is great as a latte. In order to keep this coffee fresh store it at room temperature, sealed in an airtight container (not plastic containers). Once you open the coffee, expect to use your coffee within a week or two.

Taste

Price

akemikn
Nov 04, 2013

Fairtrade, organic, locally made coffee! I love this coffee and recommend it to anyone who enjoys a smooth and rich tasting coffee. Kick Ass is my fave since I prefer a dark/med blend, but I also enjoy Three Sisters and Half Ass (decaf, haha) too. Funky names and consistently well roasted, this is my fave organic coffee.

Taste

Price

tr1tz
Sep 12, 2013

Some things are worth paying a little bit more. Some people indulge in buying a cup of expensive coffee but I buy the whole bag - and enjoy it every morning. I even add it to the Christmas baskets I give away every year. I buy multiple bags when I find it on sale at my local grocery stores, so it's closer in price to my previous (and definitely inferior) brand of coffee. To start your day rocking, try Grizzly Claw!

Taste

Price

Tansy
Aug 27, 2013

Complete convert! Grew up with Nabob but love Kicking Horse. Grizzly Claw is favourite. Have tried many including decaf. Do wait to find it on special though.

Taste

Price

girlyface
Jul 11, 2013

Kicking Horse Coffee is truly wonderful. The beans they use are of high quality. I've tried Three Sisters & Kick Ass, Bugaboo and Cliffhanger (the espresso). It's feels good to support a company that is Canadian, ethical and fair-trade. I even had the privilege of visiting their home cafe (or headquarters or whatever you call it). It's close to Invermere in BC just off the highway. It's a great experience going there. I was able to try Syphon coffee for the first time. It's not a type if coffee, but how the coffee is prepared using a vaccuum process . It was absolutely great. The coffee is outstanding and I haven't ever been disappointed. For those who don't know, most of the coffees are named after mountains (including kick ass). :)

Taste

Price

flangela_lyne
Jul 11, 2013

This is amazing coffee. It's on the pricey side, but I usually stock up on some packages when I spend my points at Shoppers Drug Mart. Throw a bag or two in the freezer for a month or so to keep it fresh.

Taste

Price

JenO72
Jun 05, 2013

This is the only coffee we'll drink! Delicious, and responsible!

1.5/5
Taste

Price

KatelynRose1984
May 23, 2012

Definitely an experience drinking this coffee.. I found it to be very bitter, and almost burnt tasting. I could barely finish the cup, and only did because I didn't want to offend the host. It's a very strong coffee, "kicking" is right!

Taste

Price

benshairnet
Apr 24, 2012

I very much enjoy dark roasts. The challenge I find is that many of them are either burnt or overly bitter from poor roasting. This coffee does a very good job of being a strong dark roast that is full of flavor without any hint of burnt or bitter flavors. It is very dark and oily and the small portion that did not fit in my airtight container dried out a bit and was not as strong flavored. That took over 3 weeks though due to the volume of coffee and it was still better than other dark roasts I have tried. I have used this for guests to eat with pies and cake over the holidays and all of them commented on its excellent flavor. A couple who don't really like dark roast did request some cream, but still gladly had multiple cups.