Kicking Horse Kick Ass Coffee Reviews

Ranked #190 out of 481 in Coffee

June 20, 2016

I LOVE Kicking Horse Coffee and have been drinking it for years. While I love all of the different flavours, the Kick Ass one is the first one I ever tried and you know what they say about your “first”. I love that Kicking Horse coffee is a Canadian coffee, and when I buy it, you can smell the rich coffee aroma through the bag and I have had cashiers even comment on how great it smells. It tastes even better.

Kicking Horse Kick Ass coffee is an organic, fair trade, dark roast coffee. It has less acid and less caffeine than coffees like Folgers or Maxwell House, and the flavour can't be matched. Outstanding coffee. I can pretty much guarantee that after you try this coffee, you will be forever spoiled and will never like cheaper coffees again.

This coffee is a bit more expensive and worth every single penny. I have tried other boutique roasted coffees that cost more money and can’t even come close to the richness and body of this fantastic coffee.

February 06, 2016

Now this is a coffee. I grind my own beans every pot of coffee to get a rich flavour. This s by far the best cup of coffee I have ever had. The flavour is rich and bold and is not bitter at all. I would recommend this coffee for everyone.

January 25, 2016

I don't always find it where I shop, but when I do, I buy it. It truly does kick ass since it's not only bold and bright in flavour but it also perks me up!

October 07, 2015

I love coffee and this is a great blend. I like to switch up the brands to try as many as I can, and I would definitely recommend this one!

October 07, 2015

Need to wake up in the morning? Try a cup of this coffee it will leave you jittery for the whole morning.. It's a nice dark roast and has a very bold flavour. Smells really good, too bad it's on the pricey side.

March 31, 2015

I love dark roast coffees. But I did not like this particular blend. I found it to be bitter and difficult to drink. There are other (local organic) brands I would support before purchasing another bag of this. It kind of makes me sad because I had waited so long for it to go on sale before trying it. I don't think it's worth the steep price.

December 06, 2014

Strong, bold, flavorful, robust coffee aroma. I drank this stuff all through university and I love it. It's aromatic and really perks up your senses. This is a real treat! It's one of my favorite coffees on the market. I drink this black or with a bit of milk and it goes down smoothly in both cases.

December 06, 2014

I lucked out when I found this coffee. I was at Shoppers picking up some tea, when I was this coffee on a clearance table. Love the packaging and the name and had to try it. It is a potent bold dark roast. So if you like mild coffees this might not be your thing. I am hooked on this coffee and the only other coffee that compares is the Lavazza dark roast. Two thumbs up!

1.5/5

December 06, 2014

I decided to take the plunge and try Kicking Horse coffee. I love the name and have been curious about it for some time. What a disappointment! I found it to be bitter and could barely finish my cup. I tried it again a few days later just in case and still didn't like it. I can't quite figure out exactly what it is I don't like but I ended up giving it to a friend. She said it's okay but she doesn't plan on buying it again.
For the price I expected better. I guess I'll just have to stick to moderately priced coffee. I seem to like it better.

December 06, 2014

I love Kicking Horse Coffee. The strong aroma and rich taste help wake me up every morning. I grind my own coffee every day, it's a great ritual. Kick Ass is a strong blend, there's a lot of different varieties available. Kicking Horse is a Canadian company located in BC. The coffee is certified organic and supplied through fair trade channels. It's a splurge, but I stock up when it goes on sale.