When my favourite cat litter was discontinued I went on the hunt for a new one and came across ökocat litter. They make a few different types and this one is definitely my favourite. This litter is free from chemicals, dyes and other synthetic and is made from naturally fallen timber or unused lumber materials that would otherwise go to waste.
What I like:
- One 9lb box lasted me a month (I have two cats, so will last longer for one cat)
- Price $11 at my pet store Global Pets
- Light weight, no more struggling to carry the litter home
- 100% biodegradable and is flushable
- Traps odors better than any other litter I've ever tried
- Very little tracking, as with every littler I have tried there is tracking but a lot less than other litters.
What I don't like:
There is nothing I don't like about this litter.
Conclusion: This is the brand of littler I will be sticking with and they do have another type that I don't mind should the store be out of this one. The wood chips are bigger than most cat litters so I did buy a scoop with larger holes and it works great. I have been recommending this brand to everyone I know who was not happy that Purina Maxx is no longer made.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.