Konjac Facial Sponge Reviews

Ranked #30 out of 68 in Cleansing Tools

November 08, 2016

Now I've never bought one of the really high end konjac sponges but I tried a cheaper one from ulta and I love it I felt like it really changed my skin for the better

September 04, 2016

Even better than the Clarisonic! It's gentle but it packs a punch with exfoliation. This along with Dr.Bronner Lavender Pure-Castille Liquid Soap keeps my acne at bay.

April 06, 2016

I got this in my Julep box and I'm so glad! This is an exfoliating sponge that you can put cleanser on, and it scrubs your face gently. The sponge isn't too hard so it won't hurt your face, but it's hard enough for you to feel like it's actually doing something. I do think that my face feels cleaner if I use this.

February 13, 2016

I was interested to try these natural sponges, since I have recently heard a lot of about the many uses of sea sponges. A looped string is attached to each sponge which is convenient for hanging them up, especially when they need to dry.

Each sponge when dry feels hard and rock like. To get the sponge soft, it needs to be exposed to a fair amount of water. I found it challenging at first to get the sponge soft enough to use when I took a shower. But then I made a point of putting the string around my wrist when I first began my shower, and then by the time I was ready to clean my face after washing my hair, the sponge was soft and spongy and ready to use.

I have fairly oily skin with blocked pores, so I used the charcoal sponge right off the bat, since it is recommended by the vendor for problem skin like mine. I really liked the feel of the sponge on my face. It didn’t feel very scrubby or exfoliating though – mostly it felt smooth. I found it very relaxing and enjoyable otherwise. I think my skin has been a bit more clear than usual since using the charcoal sponge, but I cannot say that I have noticed a significant change. In any event, I do enjoy using the sponge on my face every time I shower. It is a pleasing and relaxing experience and the manual stimulation will at least help to increase circulation in my skin.

I appreciate the fact that there are no synthetic or toxic ingredients in this sponge, and it is fully biodegradable once you are finished using it (hello compost!).

My only complaint is that you get a sponge of each colour, which doesn’t make sense to me since each person has one type of skin and really only needs one type of sponge. I would have preferred to have had the option to buy a pack of charcoal sponges only.

At the time of writing this review, the list price for these two sponges is $16.99. This seems high, but once you factor into account the fact that each of these sponges will last for a few months, the price makes sense. I would consider purchasing these again, especially if the company offered a pack of 2 charcoal sponges.

I received this product at a discounted price in return for my honest review.

June 02, 2015

I have used sponges in the past to clean my face, but this is by far the most superior that I have gotten to try! After one use my face felt softer and cleaner. Much easier on my face than a washcloth too, so I would say it is great for sensitive skin. It says to replace after 2-3 months, so that is a good time frame for something like this. I really like that it came with a suction cup and string to hand it by! This means it won't get gross and stinky!

I also like the fact that it is biodegradable, vegan, free of sulfates and parabens and that it helps balance the pH of the skin. If that is the case, it would be really good for acne prone skin. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone's beauty routine. A great way to get a cleaner face!

March 23, 2015

I love that there are no chemicals to worry about in the Konjac Cleansing Sponge. I use mine in the shower since I have a shower mirror unless I have makeup on then it is at the bathroom sink. I like that it has a string coming out of it so I can hang it by my mirror in the shower, so it doesn’t get misplaced. The Konjac Cleansing Sponge is a great addition to any eco-friendly skincare routine and can even replace traditional cleansers.

December 01, 2014

There are so many companies coming out with this product and so far the ones I've used are great. I was a bit skeptical at first when got this item because it was as hard as a rock! I mean, seriously, I think I could whack someone ove rthe head and give them a concusion! Once you wet the sponge though OMG! It gets super soft. I could describe it as pressing marshmallows or a ball of rice together(minus the stickiness). It is the softest sponge I have ever encountered and it removed all of my makeup. I am in love with this sponge. Defintely a keeper and defintely recommend buying this! You will NOT regret this purchase!

September 27, 2014

I received this pureSOL Konjac Facial Sponge as a promotional item from Tomoson.

When I opened the package, the sponge was rock hard. I wasn’t sure if the sponge would be as “soft” as the company claimed it would be.

After getting it wet, the sponge was very squishy and soft. It was very gentle on my face. It removed the make-up I had on without any additional make-up remover or facial cleanser. I was surprised. My face felt a lot cleaner, less oily, and smoother after using the product.

The sponge is hard to ring out, though. pureSOL recommends to try to ring out the sponge using two hands, which doesn’t always get all the water out.

BONUS: This sponge is eco-friendly. It can be composted after use.