Krown Kitchen - Hammered Moscow Mule Copper Mug Reviews

1 review
Ranked #16 out of 100 in Bakeware & Cookware

September 09, 2016

I have a differently designed 'Moscow Mule' mug from this company and while I don't usually like the look of hammered metal, I have to say I absolutely love it on this mug and actually prefer this design to the other as the pattern adds some interest to the look. Often with barrel shaped mugs they can be difficult to drink from, but they made the rim on this mug big enough that it doesn't affect the drinkability and I really appreciate that.

This is a solid, well-made mug, that looks great and makes a great gift too. It comes with a coaster, cleaning cloth (and cleaning instructions to keep your mug nice), recipe booklet and a brief history of the Moscow Mule cocktail and why it's served traditionally in copper mugs like this one.

You don't have to be an alcohol drinker to enjoy this though, it goes great with any cold drink, including soda and doesn't affect the flavour as far as I can tell (I'm a super-taster though, so I have more tastebuds than average). One thing I really love about these mugs is how well they keep the drinks cold. They conduct heat and cold very well (so I don't recommend it for hot drinks as you could burn yourself) and within a minute of pouring a cold drink in it, the outside of the mug will become frosted and ice cold.

It also works great as a holder for pens, pencils, or in my case crafting tools. A fine addition to any shelf or cupboard.

+ High quality.
+ Comes with some cute add-ons; coaster, recipe booklet, cleaning cloth and history of the Moscow Mule.
+ Conducts cold very well and frosts up when filled with a cool drink.
+ Looks awesome.
+ Comfortable to hold and drink from.

- Not for hot drinks.