La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO

La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO Reviews

Ranked #785 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

*Note from ChickAdvisor Editors: This product has been reformulated and relaunched as La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO[+].  Please check your product packaging prior to adding your review to make sure it's for the right formula.

Please add new La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO[+] reviews on ChickAdvisor at this link or visit the La Roche-Posay website for additional product information.

1.5/5

October 27, 2016

The cosmetics lady at shoppers recommended that I use this as a spot treatment for breakouts, and it didn't work at all. I don't find it to be moisturizing enough for a daily moisturizer, so for me it really has no purpose.

June 14, 2015

I would recommend Effaclar Duo to anyone with active breakouts or acne prone skin. The light lotion with 0.5% salicylic acid is effective but gentle enough for sensitive skin. If you have dry or dry combination skin you might want to add a moisturizer, but for my oily skin this stuff is perfect.

April 22, 2015

I have fairly sensitive skin and this cream does not bother me at all. Also one time I had exzema on my face and this cleared it up. My dermatologist recommends this brand as well.

March 31, 2015

It is a good produc, I only use it as a spot treatment on my chin and it work well. It does not dry my skin at all and does not smell anything. I will try the duo plus in the future, it probably work even better.

October 21, 2013

I really like this cream and while it is a little expensive, I think it is totally worth it. It is effective in controlling and preventing my adult acne and doesn't dry out your skin like other treatments.

September 18, 2013

This cream has truly been a miracle for my acne. I have been suffering from acne for years, since I was in middle school and have literally tried just about everything. Nothing has worked quite as well as this product. Although a bit pricey (for my budget anyway, this website says its $25 but it sells for $40 in my area) and hard to track down (only sold in certain stores, around me only at CVS and at a Walgreens several towns away), I completely think it is worth it. When I did manage to track a bottle and tried it, I couldn't believe my eyes..my acne started disappearing within a few days! It also seems to be doing wonders for the hyperpigmentation I was left with after the zits disappeared. The cream feels great on the skin and makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. It has a very effective ingredient in it that has been proven to reduce acne-benzoyl peroxide and in a higher dose than most creams (5.5%) but most importantly it doesn't dry out my skin, as a lot of acne medicine is known to do. This is definitely a staple in my skincare routine. The amount of product you get in the bottle is worth the price as only a little bit is needed to cover the face. I am currently on my second bottle and plan to repurchase it again and again. I am a very satisfied customer :)

September 18, 2011

I purchased this product because it had good reviews. It is an acne treatment that is supposed to unclog pores and minimize appearance of breakouts. It is an effective product for breakouts but I find it does nothing spectacular for clogged pores like whiteheads and blackheads. IT says you may apply 1 to 3 times a day or as directed by a doctor. I sometimes apply it three times if necessary. Overall, I love it, but for the price, I am still on the search for another product like this. It has 0.5 percent salicylic acid, which is a quarter of the usual percentage. I love how this is gentle though. I'm not sure how the percentage affects the effectiveness like if a 2% would leave scarring or dryness versus this 0.5%.

February 27, 2010

I mentioned my previous experience with La Roche Posay's Effaclar M, which impressed me... yet I couldn't resist trying their new addition to the Effaclar's family, Effaclar DUO, whish btw has an NPN (natural health product number, which means it's officially recognized as a natural health product yay!). It's paraben free as well!
This is a more intese cream, labeled as an actual acne treatment, yet I find it good and gentle enough to be worn under makeup It's gel like texture as well, light and smooth and it absorbs very well. It does an amazing job and keeping breakouts at bay and really helped me with my clogged pores issues.
I find it very "powerful", if I may, so those with a slight sensitive skin might wanna try something milder. For me, however, it works great. I plan on using it temporarily, as a treament, and then return to Effaclar M for my regular maintenance.
I love love love this cream... and really recommend it for those of you that want a moisturizer that can be worn during the day and help you with skin problems such as those described above.

very worth it