La Roche-Posay SPF 60 Anthelios XL Cream Reviews

Ranked #225 out of 332 in Sun Protection

Dermatologist favourite La Roche-Posay's Anthelios XL sunscreen protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays which can lead to long- and short-term damage to skin cells.  Specially formulated for sensitive skin and even sun intolerances, this fragrance-free and non-comedogenic product features comfortable and hydrating texture for use on both face and body.

February 01, 2016

La Roche-Posay makes some awesome sunscreens.
I have fair skin and I burn quite easily. I typically try to wear
a SPF 60 because I am so full of freckles and I don't want
to be one giant freckle. Anyway, expensive product but works
well. It does take some time to rub onto the skin.

August 05, 2015

Though you might think this product is a little pricey for sunscreen, it is worth every penny. It works great on my sensitive skin that tends to get a little oily, protecting it from UV while moisturizing it also. Regular sunscreen caused me bad breakouts and was so slippery that even after waiting some time my makeup wouldn't stay. With this product small amounts go a long way, the lotion absorbs quite quickly and it is safe to put makeup on it without having it run down your face. It makes your skin feel really soft as well.

September 09, 2014

I love how this has a high SPF and makes my face look whiter. It's pretty expensive for a sunscreen, but I like how my face looks after I put it on. The only down side is that it sometimes leave white streaks if you don't rub it in.

May 24, 2012

This sunblock really works! I love it!

July 04, 2011

Ladies, fork over the extra cash for this sunscreen.. you will not regret it.
I just spent a week down south and did not get one burn using this sunscreen.
Your best fight against wrinkles is wearing sunscreen and this is one of the top ones rated by dermatologists.

June 27, 2011

This is not the kind of SPF you put on to feel better about protecting yourself from skin cancer, but still try to get a tan. This is serious SPF protection and it is fantastic. My dermatologist recommended La Roche-Posay to me six years ago and it is the SPF I swear by. It is thick and can be a bit greasy, but now that I live in a drier climate (that is closer to the sun) that hasn't affected my skin as much as when I lived as sea level. I highly recommend this SPF to anyone who spends time out in the sun. This is a bit thick for everyday wear, but if you ever travel to the beach for a summer holiday where you are spending hours in the sun, this is definitely one to take with you.

August 19, 2010

I bought the 30spf, spray bottle version of this product.

I had used it before and liked it, but twice now i have bought sunscreens which are "bad" i.e. instead of spreading evenly over my face the product comes out very chalky, like the ingredients have separated. It just doesn't blend into the face at all and is visible and chalky white. I checked the bottle both times and neither time had the sunscreen expired.

I am not sure how the product "went bad" but based on the price tag this should not happen! i now use roc velvet moisture sunscreen the price is similar and it is a much better product.

February 24, 2010

I burn in the sun very easily and I love this product. I was introduced to it by my skin doctor. It works well. It's for the face and the body. It is a bit greasy on the face but it's not very greasy compared to the other ones that I've tried on my face. It's not very thick. It's light. It has no odour. It does cost a bit more than the average sunscreen but in my opinion, it's worth the price of not getting sunburned! It's made especially for sun-intolerant skin. It protects from both UVA and UBA rays.