LaCoupe Orgnx Brazilian Keratin Complex Smoothing Shampoo

LaCoupe Orgnx Brazilian Keratin Complex Smoothing Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #1523 out of 2161 in Hair Care

August 20, 2014

I didn't really care for this shampoo. To begin, I am not a huge fan of sulphate-free shampoos; I know they are supposed to be "better" for your hair, but the fact that it barely lathers results in my hair not feeling clean. I also let my hair air-dry so didn't see the benefit of it reducing blowdrying time, unfortunately.

The shampoo is average - not bad, not great. It does smell very nice and I like the packaging. Worth giving a try if you have like sulphate free shampoos or if you have had a keratin treatment.

August 21, 2013

I won a set of Organx Brazilian Keratin Smoothing Treatment, which included the shampoo, and I thought that this worked amazing. It helped keep my hair smooth, my hair is really curly and thick. It worked extremely well with the other products in the line, including the conditioner, smoothing treatment, blowout lotion, and heat protect spray.

June 12, 2012

My hair changes with the weather and I'm constantly searching for shampoo that suits my hair. On a recent shopping trip to Shopper's DrugMart, I stumbled upon the LaCoupe line of products and I decided to give their Brazilian Keratin Complex shampoo and conditioner a try. The shampoo comes in a 10.1 Fl.Oz flip cap bottle so you get a fair amount of product but you have to pay slightly more since their products ranged in price from $8-$12.

The shampoo is described as being enriched with keratin proteins, avocado oil, cocoa butter and moringa extracts and claims to give a gentle wash for smoother, stronger, and glossier hair. Having these ingredients, I expected this shampoo to be very moisturizing but I actually found it to be slightly drying. I would recommend this if you want your hair to feel squeaky clean because it really washes off any oil and residue left behind from other hair products. However, as mentioned, it is drying so I would resort to using this only once a week.

The shampoo alone will not give you the shine you want and the conditioner is needed to replenish the moisture back to your hair. While I was disappointed with its moisturizing property (or lack thereof), it did lather well and did not leave any soap scum on my bathroom walls and floor. I also liked the scent - it had a light, warm, slightly sweet fragrance with a hint of floral.

I will probably not repurchase the shampoo again by itself. However, the shampoo was intended to be used with several other products as part of a 14-day treatment, so better results might be achieved if used with the other products.