Laura Mercier Foundation Powder Reviews

Ranked #550 out of 595 in Foundation

January 25, 2016

I always struggled to remain matte throughout the day due to my unfortunate oily skin. I have tried numerous high-end powders. I am glad I found this one. I no longer have to touch up throughout the day plus my eye makeup does not smear on the bottom on my eyes, making me look like a racoon.

April 25, 2015

** This is a review for the Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder **

I have been on a hunt for an everyday pressed powder foundation recently and one of the Sephora sales associates recommended this. She matched it to my face in the store - although, its always really hard to tell the true color because of the poor store lighting.

Pros:
- good coverage
- conceals red spots
- doesn't look powdery / flakey
- long lasting (even after a sweaty workout)
- large range of colors

Cons:
- PRICEY
- NOT A LOT OF PRODUCT IN THE PAN
- can look heavy if you try to build it up too much
- dull finish

Overall, I'm not a big fan of this product. It works - but I think I can find something better for that price. As an everyday powder foundation, $55 is a lot to spend on a product that hit the pan within a month.

Updated On: April 26, 2015

Please ignore this review - it has been placed as its own product now.

March 03, 2015

This foundation is amazing! It's very light weight and provides full coverage. I had a really hard time finding a foundation to go with my skin tone (light brown) and gives me a flawless complexion. When used with a primer, it stays on for the entire day and I don't need to touch up anything at all. This product is very high quality and all natural. I will be purchasing again, once I run out.

September 11, 2014

Love this powder! Provides great coverage and lasts really well on my fairly oily skin.

May 28, 2014

I've heard a lot of people hype about this product but in my opinion it's not worth it. The price is just a no no and has a horrible feel on the skin. Don't buy this.

March 03, 2010

I've been using this for at least 4 years straight. I used to use this as a foundation and it works well. You can use it wet or dry depending on the finish/coverage you want. Apparently, this is the high coverage foundation in Laura Mercier's line. I've started using their mineral foundation so i switched this into my touch up powder and it works really well. The powder is finely milled and very silky and not chalky. It covers really well and for mid day touch ups, it works wonders. A main thing i use this for is spot coverage on any scars/pimples or pigmentation. After mineral foundation, i find that some pigmentations still shows through, so what i do everyday is apply a little concealer on the spots, blend and use a mini fluffy brush to brush this foundation powder on top to set and actually conceal. I love this. I hate no. 5 and it matches my skin tone well. I do find that though, if the weather is humid or warm, it does oxidize a little turning a bit darker. Overall, i can't live without this product for touch ups! The price is a little steep but since i use it only for touch ups, it lasts a long time for me.