Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15 Reviews

Ranked #544 out of 595 in Foundation

What it is:
A finely milled powder composed completely of natural elements with 15 active amino acids.

What it is formulated to do:
Helps clear the skin of toxins, promotes healthy skin cell growth, and fights the aging process. Oil-free and water-resistant, it can be applied either as a buildable foundation or a pigmented powder.

Size: 0.34 oz

October 23, 2016

I love this product as it is very lightweight and leaves a smooth and silky finish to the face. I have dry skin and not all powders worth with my skin type however, this powder works amazingly with my dry skin and does not cling on to the patches. Overall, it is amazing non cakey powder to apply over foundation! I also use this to bake under my eyes and/or place underneath my contour on my cheekbones to bake which creates the perfect sharp yet seamless contour

February 11, 2016

I really like this product. The finish looks flawless and glowy. Use a less denser brush for a light coverage and a dense brush for full. For myself, I like using the tarte Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush and it gives me the right amount of coverage I'm looking for to cover my broken capillaries. The only thing I am not a fan of is the form of the founation; loose minerals. It can get messy and is harder to travel with. But otherwise, the product is great

November 10, 2014

My new favorite mineral powder. Previously was going back and forth from MAC and Bobbi Brown but decided to try this one from Laura Mercier recently and will definitely not look back. MAC was OK but for the price I liked it, Bobbi Brown was better but had been finding it hard to get a better coverage despite applying more product. Laura Mercier allowed me to get a better coverage just by applying on more to build coverage as I needed. But on casual days I could still just sweep a little product and still even out my skin tone without looking too made up. Even without applying my usual BB cream underneath it lasted a whole day. Plus you can flip the cover over to block the holes when you're traveling so you don't end up with a ton of product all over the inside when you get to your destination. Love it!

October 23, 2014

Mineral powders are so versatile since they can be used as a setting powder, or buffed into the skin as a full on foundation. Laura Mercier's mineral powder has a gorgeous, glowy finish and looks very natural on the skin. She also has a translucent setting powder, which is even better for setting a more full coverage foundation.

October 02, 2013

I used to see the amazing reviews and think I don't need it because its probably just another mineral powder. BUT I was so wrong. This product is just amazing. The powder is very finely milled and doesn't cling to the dry patches. It gives a very nice smooth and natural finish while providing sufficient coverage. So I would definitely repurchase it and recommend it to everyone.

March 28, 2012

I like and I don't like this foundation. I have the Natural Beige shade.
I feel like the Natural Beige is a bit too dark but Real Sand is a touch too light and I don't like to mix foundations if I don't have to, especially if I have to mix 2 mineral powders.
I first saw this on other blogs and decided to try it out. I was never a fan of powder (regardless if it's pressed or not) foundations, I just hate working it into my skin without getting dry patches. However, the LM powder spreads fairly well without emphasizing any dryness. But I noticed that it was a bit difficult to blend evenly, even after trying different brushes (kabuki, different size/density powder brushes). It only works well if I use the tiniest amount.
I like how there's a swivel sort of sifter which reduces the chance of product getting everywhere when flipped over. I'm a bit peeved at how it's a bit messy when I have to use the product though.
I find it's decent in terms of oil control, I wouldn't use too much finishing powder on top anyway because I don't want to look cakey. This is more of a summer foundation for me due to the powder and because it's too dark for using in the winter.
I find the coverage is buildable, about medium coverage.

June 11, 2009

Amazing coverage and it really evens out the skin tone. A little on the pricey side, but it's worth it!

May 08, 2009

I love this mineral foundation. Rich Vanilla is my perfect color. It's a lot easier to blend than my everyday mineral and the coverage is much higher. It doesn't give me that much glow, but it does give me more glow than everyday mineral and i appear less chalky/dead. It's got SPF in it so that's a plus. It works well over concealer and it doesn't ball up. The con is that it contains Bismuth Oxychloride which can irritate skin especially when your sweating. I also find that this foundation sometimes gives me a bit of a break out. The price is quite expensive, but it does last a very long time. Overall, i use this foundation for when i want that extra coverage and glow.