• Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
  • Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Reviews

Ranked #276 out of 389 in Concealer

This versatile concealer contains a unique two-shade system: one to match the skin's depth of color and one to match the skin's undertone, making it possible for every woman to custom-blend her own perfect shade. The high level of pigment requires very little product to achieve perfect coverage. For more information, please visit www.lauramercier.com/.

April 07, 2015

It's very think and for that it makes it a little harder to apply to it. However, it does cover everything, from pimples to under eye circles and the redness around my nose. It's the best I have tried thus far.

November 22, 2014

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer duo in shade SC-2. For the hefty price of $41CAD, it's the only cream concealer I've found that conceals my hyper-pigmentation. I mostly use the right salmon tone side with a Coastal scents classic pointed precision brush to apply to my dark spots, set with a powder, and go over with my foundation brush with some leftover product to blend. The product itself is quite thick and needs to be warmed up a bit with the brush against my face, but the product doesn't budge once it is applied.

June 08, 2014

I am in love with this product. I learned about it from a couple of makeup tutorial videos on youtube, and it was a great discovery. It is a little palette with two colours you can blend with your fingers to create the perfect shade for covering blemishes, and the product itself has the perfect consistency. It isn't greasy, it stays where you put it, and the best part for me is that the colour doesn't oxidize and turn me orange or any other weird shade. It's on the pricey side, but I have a feeling it will last a long time, since I don't have to use much for each application. This would not be an appropriate product for under-eye (I'm sure Laura Mercier has a product for that too), because it's too dry, but it's ideal for blemishes and other discolorations.

March 25, 2014

I use this duo to combat difficult under-eye issues. The dryer side paired with the creamier peach side is an effective solution to tone down any issues. I like to set it with a powder because the product can create a shiny finish, which unfortunately draws more attention to my under-eye problems. The colour selection is great for lighter to medium skint ones. Darker skin tones might have to look elsewhere.

October 02, 2012

Although this is a more expensive product, I honestly think that this is one the best concealers on the market. It has two shades of concealer, one lighter and one darker, and you get a ton of product in each pan! It's so handy so have two shades of concealer so that you don't have to go out and buy a completely new shades when you get darker in the summer.
The coverage of this concealer is amazing! It covers everything from redness to acne scars. I like to use the darker shade on old acne scars and then buff around the edges with the lighter shade. This product really does give you the capability to do all the concealing you need (but it's not good for the under eye area). I sometimes don't even wear foundation and just use this in the problem areas that need coverage. I'm so happy I forked out the money and bought this concealer because I have not regretted it.
I first saw this use by Lisa Eldridge in one of her youtube videos. If it's good enough for the fabulous Lisa Eldridge then it would definitely be good enough for me
I would repurchase this in a second! I don't ever want to be without this concealer

August 23, 2011

Face it, we all have something to hide. For me, it’s discolouration. I embraced my other imperfections long ago, which is probably why I don’t bother to use cover up, foundation or powder.

But a little change is good, and after my latest rash, I realized it was time I found something to cover up my scars – at least until they fade away. So began the hunt, I’ve always liked a good hunt...

Voilà, after four trial and errors, I found a winner. Secret Camouflage comes in six shades so you’re bound to find one for your complexion; mine is SC-4.

The custom blend system makes it easy to hide dark spots. I don’t know how it works on anything else (like pimples or redness) because I only use it for discolouration. It may be a bit "thick" but that might be why it works well. I find that if you dab it on with a brush and then use your finger (body warmth) and pat, it melts right in. Blending isn't rocket science, you just need a good brush (I recommend a foundation brush) or clean fingers and good lighting. The darker colour goes first, the lighter one on top.

Wait a minute...what spot?

December 11, 2010

Maybe I just don't know how to use this thing ... but even so, it shouldn't be rocket science. I had a hard time with this stuff in the beginning,its a very thisk, hard product and as much as I have tried to warm it up between my fingers... it was still too much for under eye. I know Kandee Johnson uses this and swears by it... I simply could not pull it off as hard as I tried. However, after a while I managed to learn to use it with a good concealer brush to conver up imperfection on my face, use it around my nose, and under my bags, sloely on the dark circle are.. to avoid cakeyness! Its work like magic. It's a lot of product! It will last forever, a little goes a realllly long way!

July 21, 2010

I really appreciate Laura Mercier for all her face products. I find that most of the Laura Mercier products i've used never disappoints. This was one of the first items i've bough from LM years ago. I was intrigued by the duo color concealer. It's genius because no matter the time of year of how tan or light you are, you can mix the right tone. This concealer is very pigmented but doesn't have a lot of slip so it stays on for a long time.

Many women have the misconception that yellow-based concealer is best for undereye circles. While they do do the job, peachy tones are more effective since it cancels out the blue-ish dull color. This concealer is peachy tone and is great for undereye circles - especially combining it with LM Secret Brigtening Powder. For pimples, this is quite good as it covers quite well. Make sure you go a little bit lighter for pimples etc. since the concealer do oxidize a little and turns a tiny bit darker.

I usually mix the color on the back of my hands, or with my fingers. The body heat emulsifies the concealer a little bit and makes application easier. I then tap then on my undereye. You don't need that much product since it's pigmented. It also last a long time - but once it's done, I'll be reapplying.

December 17, 2009

This is by far the best concealer I have ever used. A friend introduced it, and the brand Laura Mercier itself, to me a few years ago and I've never looked back. I was a bit skeptical of the price at first (think it was 80$ for the brush and the concealer) but I've had the same brush for ages and the concealer lasted me at least a year! It covers the dark circles under my eyes, redness, pimples, straightening iron burns, and generally just evens out your face. It works best with other Laura Mercier products but Dior makeup goes well with it too.