Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Reviews

Ranked #8 out of 356 in Powder

March 27, 2017

AMAZING PRODUCT. My favourite powder ever. I use this everyday to bake under my eyes, it works like a charm, my undereyes never crease and it brightens a lot under your eyes. Price is a bit pricey but so worth it. It does matify your face aswell. Cannot get enough of this product. recommended !!

March 10, 2017

The Laura Mercier translucent loose setting poder is one of the best out there, I use this powder to set and bake my whole face and under eye areas. It works great at preventing creasing of fine lines and when baking it doesnt cause flash back like some other powders ive tried. This powder is great to use for all skin types, especially oily skin it really helps keep my foundation matte and prevents oil break throughs.

March 08, 2017

This powder is sooooooo over-hyped and over-priced and over-raved-about. I literally went from using inexpensive elf loose HD setting powder that is like 6$ or less, to trying this out and I was unimpressed. For the price you'd expect it to work some kind of miracle? Who wants to spend that kind of money on such a lacklustre type of product like powder. Save your $$ and buy some RCMA... it's such a silky powder and it's 3x the product for 1/3 the price. Or even Marcelle powder from the drugstore I found more impressive than this setting powder. I also found it hard to get the powder to come out of the jar? And my beauty blender didn't like picking it up.

March 08, 2017

Although this product has a heftier price tag than most setting powders, I assure you it is worth the cost! I wear this over my liquid and powder foundation/concealer as well as bronzer, for that extra hold. Apply a setting spray over the powder for long lasting effects. Can't live without it!

March 03, 2017

This powder works wonders I love it I bought it was kinda iffy about the pricing on this product but it is worth it I learned how to bake and my skin looks poreless and healthy with a bit of a glow it's beautiful

March 01, 2017

I bought the travel size at Sephora for $28 + tax. I had no intentions on buying it for that price, but I had a gift card so I figured I'd give it a try. It's been two months and I'm about half way done the container. I have combo skin and I find it doesn't work well, especially when I paired it with my matte foundation. I switched to a hydration foundation and if I attempt to even bake my face, it's still cakey. I dust a light amount on to set my skin and that's it. I also find that it's too dark for my skin. I knew I was pale, but this just made me realize how much of a ghost I actually am. Overall, I won't be buying it again. I'm going to trying Kat Von D's setting powder as it's a loooot cheaper and hopefully works better for me.

February 27, 2017

This is a very universal setting powder in terms of its use and how it can accommodate to other skin tones. This can be used for setting concealer or foundation and it can also be used for baking. Although, a word of caution for those who are on the drier side or for those with textured skin. I highly recommend prepping the skin first via moisturizer. I've noticed on myself that if my skin is not properly prepped the powder will look cakey/crepey when I try to set my concealer. Also, it can be used with a damp beauty blender, the puff or even a fluffy brush

February 02, 2017

I bought the travel size because I read a lot of positives reviews (from here to Sephora!). And I don't regret! I was very impressed by the powder. It doesn't seem that I applied powder. I have oily skin and with this amazing product it leaves my skin matified.

January 31, 2017

This translucent powder sets your makeup for longer wear. Perfectly for nearly all skintones, the soft-focus effect subtly blurs the look of fine lines and imperfections, and it doesn’t settle into lines or pores. The result is natural-looking and never powdery or cakey. Apply this powder with the Laura Mercier Velour Puff to create a soft, matte finish for a look that will last all day.

January 09, 2017

This is a nice setting powder, perfect for those with oily skin or setting the undereye area. Unfortunately I have very dry skin so in the winter, this powder can emphasize my dry patches and can look a bit cakey under the eyes. I personally find this product a bit pricy for the quality. I recently purchased the Marcelle loose setting powder and I think it is just as good for about half the price. If you love to bake your face, this is a good product but I personally won't be repurchasing because it isn't worth the money for me.