L’Oreal Superior Preference Fade-Defying Colour & Shine System Reviews

Ranked #232 out of 258 in Hair Colour

L'Oreal's NEW Optimized System, Preference Fade-Defying Colour and Shine System offers rich, long-lasting colour results. The fade resistant colour shines on and on, so your colour won't fade-out, turn dull or brassy. Care Supreme conditioner, enriched with Vitamin E and UV filter, helps lock in colour vibrancy for up to 6 weeks.

August 04, 2015

This is my favorite. I get it in dark auburn, it doesn't fade for ages. Doesn't smell too bad, easy to use and it doesn't drip when your putting it on. It usually isn't that expensive, and it comes in lots of shades.

May 20, 2014

I color my hair religiously every 6 weeks & L'Oreal Superior Preference is the only brand for me. I have never had a bad reaction or ugly outcome ever. My color stays true and only begins to fade close to the 5 week mark when I know it's time to color again. I strongly recommend this product for anyone wanting a great at home color with fabulous shine and 100% grey coverage.

April 20, 2013

Great color, great price, great shine. I found a color I love (LB02) that looks natural (some people don't realize I color my hair) and I don't want to switch. The conditioner that comes with works very well and has a nice scent. I don't think the dye has too bad of a smell. It's a good price and amazing quality. It even leaves in your natural highlights.

June 14, 2011

I continue to be pleasantly surprised by the home hair colour products out there these days! I recently picked up Superior Preference only because it was on sale. It's now firmly on my list of favourite home hair colouring options.

It's a permanent product, so the gray coverage is 100%. I have probably 50% grays on top but none underneath (it's like someone spilled white paint right on my crown and that's it). I got my whole mane covered with just one box - this almost never happens. The colour coverage was consistent, allowing the lightness of my grays to keep the upper layers a little brighter and the lower layers (that included my natural dark honey hue) a little darker and richer so it looks like a very natural progression as opposed to a single-colour-fits-all.

The product scent is comparable to other products, and while it's the full 20-25 minutes processing time (unlike the new 10-minute versions), I felt like the colour held truer longer. Usually it goes very very brassy on me after 3 weeks or so but not this time. I only recoloured because my roots were showing. For the record, I used #8 medium.

I like this product!

March 22, 2010

I am very fussy when it comes to hair colour. I wanted a hair colour that gave 100% coverage, was gentle, looked natural, lasted well and was affordable. I found all of these in Loreal Superior Preference. I chose Meduim Blondw #8 which is the closest to my natural colour that I could get and it was just what I was looking for.
I have had many compliments on it and friends asking what I used. I am always quick to share my secret with them.

April 22, 2009

This is one of the best hair dyes in my opinion if you have darker hair. When I used it, it gave me a natural blonde look, without the orangish color. It's hard to tell it's working at first, but it definetly works. I kept it on 15 extra minutes, as I do with most hair dyes, just to be sure. My hair turned out amazingly and people think I got it done in a salon. BEST BLONDE HAIR DYE OUT THERE IN MY OPINION! *note- it comes with shampoo, conditioner, and a leave in conditioner that makes your hair super smooth!

How Sarah Got her Wings

Christmas Ranch

Angel of Christmas

AdventureArtie added a new review for
Dyson Hair Dryer

AdventureArtie earned the Beauty Guru badge

ElaineDraws has posted in the forum topic
ChiackAdvisor app?????

Sandramiron added a new review for
Vichy Ideal Body Milk