Life As We Know It (2010) Reviews

Ranked #873 out of 973 in DVD

Holly (Katherine Heigl) is an up-and-coming caterer and Messer (Josh Duhamel) is a promising network sports director. After a disastrous first date, all they have is common is their dislike for each other and their love for their goddaughter Sophie. But when they suddenly become all Sophie has in this world, Holly and Messer must set their differences aside. Judging career ambitions and competing social calendars, they’ll have to find common ground while living under the same roof. Josh Lucas, Christina Hendricks, Hayes MacArthur and Jean Smart co-star in this tart and tender romantic comedy directed by Greg Berlanti (TV’s Brothers & Sisters and Everwood).

April 13, 2015

Life As We Know It is a great feel-good movie. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it while I was pregnant, and I've seen it since and still enjoy watching it. I definitely recommend seeing it. I have a thing for kid-raising movies.

April 10, 2015

Haha aw this is such an adorable movie about two parents raising a baby for the first time! It's such a feel good movie and it's great for the whole family to watch.

August 24, 2014

Very cute movie ! I Highly recommend. Love the actors!

July 20, 2013

Overall loved this movie! Love the actors and the story behind it. Such a cute love story!

June 22, 2012

While attempting to be a cutesy relationship flick, I didn’t find it particularly entertaining or believable. The genre is the same as many others—man is obnoxious, woman seems to have her life in order, but somehow they fall in love despite their initial not liking one another and wide disparity in values. Real life…?
Maybe in Hollywood.

June 22, 2012

I really didn't like this movie. They are both terrible actors and it makes this movie (which has a pretty solid plot line) just fall flat.

December 07, 2011

This is a light chick-flick movie. It is a little exaggerated in points but enjoyable to watch. I would recommend to anyone to watch on a movie night.

March 03, 2011

It's a cute, light flick. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it's a must-see. I love how in these movies people always live in these ridiculous houses. The whole time I kept thinking how many people that age could ever afford a house like that?? It's also somewhat implausible that the parents wouldn't have discussed their guardianship with either of them in advance. That aside, it's cute and there are plenty of enjoyable/funny moments.

March 03, 2011

I thought this movie was on par with what i expected! I laughed, and cried a few times!! All around a really good flick!

March 03, 2011

My friend and I watched the movie "Life as We Know It" this week. It stars Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel (and happy surprise to me - Josh Lucus) as two single adults who become caregivers to an orphaned girl after their mutual best friends die in an accident.

I was expecting this to be a typical rom-com, with a big cheese factor, and it was. However, the first 30 minutes of the movie were surprisingly sad and thoughtful, the build-up of the relationships between the friends is good, and you find yourself empathizing with the characters early on when they lose their best friends.

The movie is cute, and sweet - the perfect film to watch with the girlfriends or on a lazy night with your boyfriend (it's not too sappy for him).

The scenes are familiar and typical, but hey - it's a film that you get exactly what you expect.

I'd watch it again.