Lime Crime Red Velvet Velvetine Reviews

Ranked #778 out of 1057 in Lipstick

December 18, 2016

I bought this lip product prior to actually reading into Lime Crime as a company (I do not support them anymore). It is a great product though. This was one of my first liquid matte lipsticks and started my obsession. It goes on very smooth, and a little goes a LONG way. It stays on pretty much all day and the red is vibrant and gorgeous.

January 30, 2016

The Red Velvet Velvetine was my first Lime Crime Velvetine purchased, and I was super impressed with it.
    It is a really nice red color, very bold which I love. It has a slight vanilla smell also, which is great.
    This Velvetine lasted on my lips for about 6 hours with no problems. I went out to dinner, had some drinks and then some and this was still in place! I only had to fix up the corners of my mouth after a while. But the staying power is seriously great.
    Oh, and the packaging is just... amazing.
    Price is a little expensive, but there are sales every once in a while, so just keep checking!
    I will definitely by purchasing more Velvetines in the future.

November 02, 2014

In love with this product! I am not a a big fan of lipstick, but this is just so beautiful! Love the finish and once you apply it on your lips, it won't move.

October 21, 2014

I had been on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick, and when I found one that promised a quick dry and long lasting wear, I thought I had found it. I have a very difficult time wearing lipstick, usually I can only wear it for 10 minutes before getting it all over my teeth and face. I admit I could use a lesson in properly applying and wearing makeup.
    With high expectations, I thought that the Velvetines sounded like the perfect lipstick cheat for me. I was so wrong.
    I went ahead and splurged on this product, I think it was about $25, plus shipping. I was pretty disappointed in how small it was once it arrived.
    I find this product incredibly hard to apply, making my lips look crooked and messy. It dries fairly quickly, not fast enough to avoid smearing it ever where, but just quick enough that trying to wipe off any messy areas only creates further mess. (A mess that is practically impossible to get off)
    Apparently lip liner is not needed with this. Which I thought was fantastic as I hate lip liner, but, it would certainly help to make my lips not look so deformed.
    Huge waste of money.

September 11, 2014

I love the color and matte formula, however, even with a liner I cannot get it to not bleed. I have used the smallest amount, to different primers and sealers without success. Love the brand and the colors in the Velvetine Collection. Many people have not had this issue, so I would still recommend it.

August 06, 2013

This product is amazing! I thought that $16.99 was a little bit steep for this product but after buying it, i can say with 100% certainty that it is worth it. The color is amazing, and it does the job. The staying power of the velvetines are reminiscent to the OCC lip tars, but they aren't anywhere near as drying on the lips. I've worn this velvetine out to dinner and parties a couple times and it has always stayed throughout the night after eating and drinking. I highly recommend this product.

New Offer!!